Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Default Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

No the new driver did not work... got the same problem when browsing....BSOD.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

We put the latest CIR receiver driver ver:20110219 which can solve this issue on our website.
    Please kindly download it from below link for testing.
    Link: ASRock > Products > ION 3D Series

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    I'm using Windows 7 32-bit (Professional) and could not get this driver to install. I repeatedly tried uninstalling the CIR driver and then running setup.exe for 20110219, rebooting between uninstalling and installing. However, the driver reported in the Device Manager is [...]vista_x86.sys not [...]win7_x86.sys. As a result, the BSOD was still easily reproduced.

I had to install the test/beta driver instead and this version installed properly (correct version reported in Device Manager) and the [...]win7_x86.sys reported as the installed driver. It also seems to have cured the BSOD.

I also upgraded to BIOS v 1.30 before attempting to upgrade the CIR driver.

After upgrading to the new stupid beta driver, it was a !#!" pain in the !"# btw. I dont get bsod anymroe but now the "!"#! remote stops responding instead untill i restast i can do it on my friends 152d aswell just push the arrow keys alot when the computer is loading... and every time it happens i have to connect a keyboard to start the computer with unsinged drivers "F8" at start i will trow the stupid 152d out the winodws soon

hello

I know this thread is old. But i am running windows 8 64 bit edition with the asrock 152d 3d vision. I am having lockups/BSOD in XBMC whenever i scroll using the remote control everytime.

Windows 8 Device manager says i'm using Nuvoton W836x7HG CIR Device Driver 1.8.2009.514. When i go to install the
    Nuvoton_Win7-4_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(20110219_CIR).zip\Nuv oton(20110219_CIR) version it instal
    ls but does not change the driver version. If i go to install it manually, it wants to look for an *.inf file, but there is not any *.inf in that folder, only setup.exe and cab files etc.
    Can anyone please help me?
    Thanks
    James

FYI - I emailed asrock support and they emailed me the link for the new Windows 8 CIR driver - Fixed Everything! happy as! http://download.asrock.com/drivers/A....5.1003%29.zip

fillogio is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Quote Originally Posted by jt0505t View Post
    FYI - I emailed asrock support and they emailed me the link for the new Windows 8 CIR driver - Fixed Everything! happy as! http://download.asrock.com/drivers/A....5.1003%29.zip
    Dear Jt0505t, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I installed the driver following your link but I still experience the BSOD.
    I have a Win 8 Pro 32 bit....
    Any hints? I wrote an email to Asrock one week ago, no answer so far.

Could it be a BIOS issue? I have v. 1.10 on..

Thanks for your help

F

Quote Originally Posted by fillogio View Post
    Dear Jt0505t, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I installed the driver following your link but I still experience the BSOD.
    I have a Win 8 Pro 32 bit....
    Any hints? I wrote an email to Asrock one week ago, no answer so far.

Could it be a BIOS issue? I have v. 1.10 on..

Thanks for your help

F
    hey, I would most definitely upgdate the bios from 1.10 to 1.40. The 1.10 version bios came out in 2010 which was the first release. 1.40 came out in 2012 with changes. I believe the link I provided is for windows 8 64 bit version. Asrock support seems to be hit and miss. When I first submitted my issue, they responded in 30 minutes. I now have issues with 2 x USB 3.0 ports at the front not utilizing USB 3.0 speeds and Its been 2 weeks and no response. (after 2 emails).

fillogio is offline Junior Member

Cool Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Issue solved, the drivers you posted work fine even for the Windows 8 32 bit OS, just do not forget (as I did...) to completely uninstall the previous driver version... Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information