Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Default ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

I've installed windows 7 x86 with supplied drivers (on CD). Everything runs smooth and was very happy with the HTPC. Until I got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD from nuviocir_win_x86.sys. This seems to be the driver for the remote control. It doesn't happen every time I zap (I used it only a few hours each evening) but seems to happen each other day. It happens only during zapping.

I've reļnstalled Windows 7 x86 a few times and also installed Windows 7 x64. I've tried with the latest drivers from the Asrock site without luck.

The CIR driver seems the one causing the BSOD. I've search a lot but couldn't find anyone having this problem. Intel seems to offer a newer Nuvoton CIR driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...apkw=(nuvoton)
    I've installed it onto my win7 x64 install but didn't fixed the problem.

Anyone with the same problem or maybe a fix?

BSOD:
    ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD-img_20101210_075904-jpg

Thumbs down Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

same problem with 152B version
    please help us!

Default Re: ION 3D 152D Nuvoton CIR BSOD

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. This makes it less likely that my box is faulty.

I hope they will fix this soon.

I'm having 2 more issues with the ION 3D:

- When shutdown in win7 (hibernate + standby) before going to sleep, the ION 3D is powered on in the morning. The ION 330 has this issue also. Solution is to disable "poweron by USB remote" in the BIOS. But this disables one of the main features that made me buy the ION 3D. Or you can disable hibernate + standby in windows 7. I haven't tested this yet.

- When the ION 3D is powered on while the TV (HDMI) is off, there will be no signal when you power the TV on. This has something to do with the EDID of HDCP on the HDMI connection. The only solution is a reboot. Isn't there another way to enable the HDMI output?

The last issue (HDMI off when TV off) can be removed from the list

I hadn't tested enough. The HDMI will be enable when TV is powered on.

There is another problem combined with the "wakeup at night" issue. In the moring, the ION 3D is powered on but seems to hang. There is no picture on the TV and doesn't respond to the power button. I can only do a hard reset.

Same issue. Win7 x86.
    BSOD on nuviocir_win_x86.sys

Disabled CIR Power On in BIOS, no effect.
    Installed Intel driver linked below, no effect.
    Tried Vista driver (version 1.8.2009.514), same issue.

I can't reproduce the issue reliably, but it's inevitable and unacceptable.

Found other posts from last two weeks with this issue (neither in English), also without solutions.
    Hardware Upgrade Forum - Guarda il profilo: Gianluca99
    Asrock ION 3D: Nuvoton CIR BSOD « XBMCFreak Forum

vvv I usually get it to BS while playing HD media, but it has happened just navigating xbmc menus, too.
    Last edited by jonathantt; 12-26-2010 at 04:59 AM.

And here I thought I was the only one getting this error. I'm running Win7 x64 with a F40 SSD Behaved the same with the Win7 x86 nad the Hitachi 320g drive it came with. Happens randomly , but usually when I press remote control during a mkv, bluray or similar. This box is not ready for prime time. I'm returning this POS as I've grown very tired of being everyones beta tester these days. my own 3D rips just won't play on it, even though they play fine on my main PC using the same software. Too bad, nice little unit but need a lot more testing before it's dumped on the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathantt View Post
    Found other posts from last two weeks with this issue (neither in English), also without solutions.
    Hardware Upgrade Forum - Guarda il profilo: Gianluca99
    that's me :p
    however the post is this:
    ASRock ION 330HT-BD - Pagina 29 - Hardware Upgrade Forum

unfortunately no solution...

The topic on XBMCFreak is also started by me.

I think it happens more often in XBMC. But it also happens on a clean (only drivers installed) Win7 install in Microsoft Media Center.

I haven't played with linux on this box. Has anyone issues with the linux Nuvoton IR driver on linux?

Dear Clean Master,

ION 3D will wake up spontaneous from S3 or S4 mode which is caused by Windows Media Center.
    The option of "Automatically download Windows Media Center data between the following times" default settings is [Enabled], so system will be waken up by Windows Media Center.

Please kindly refer to below picture to disable the option of "Automatically download Windows Media Center data between the following times" in Windows Media Center for testing.

About the issue while wake up from suspend, please update the BIOS to L1.21 then try again.
    BIOS download link: L1.21

Best Wishes
    ASrock TSD
    ASRock Tech Support Staff

The BIOS update fixes the "wake from standby" issue for me!

I haven't had the Nuvoton BSOD yet but I only used it for a few hours.

Thanks for the fast BIOS update!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information