Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 890GM Pro3 Windows 7 install problem

Default 890GM Pro3 Windows 7 install problem

I just got 890GM Pro3 and Phenom II 555 and put together a system last night. It also has a Samsung blueray DVDROM, 4Gb Corsair x3 PC1600, and a couple of Seagate drives recycled from the old system. The system posted fine, I flipped a UCC switch to go from X2 to X4. Now when I try booting from CD/DVD with Win7 x64 Ultimate, the drive spins a bit and then I get " Error loading operating system". I tried using Win7 32 bit - same result. I thought maybe blueray DVDROM was bad - pulled regular Philips DVDROM from another system - same effect. The system can definitely be booted - I had a bootable Vista image on one of the drives, and the system booted from it just fine - of course the image was created with completely different hardware, and the USB ports don't work - hence no keyboard or mouse. Does anybody know what might be causing this error, why is system refusing to boot from Win7 installation disk?

Thanks in advance!
    VM

Default Re: 890GM Pro3 Windows 7 install problem

Have you tried with 2 or 4 cores?

Have same Cpu+mobo combination
    UCC works fine here only with BIOS 1.51

try it
    greetz

Default Re: 890GM Pro3 Windows 7 install problem

yes tried with UCC and without - no effect. finally tried enabling AHCI - that somehow solved the issue! Now there is another interesting artifact - when system goes to sleep by itself after a set period of time - waking it up makes it unresponsive to mouse and keyboard clicks - have to do a hard reset. Could UCC and overclocking have anything to do with it?

TIA
    Vlad

Thread Information