Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK X58 EXTREME6 RAID 0 Marvel ROM Screen and questions

Default ASROCK X58 EXTREME6 RAID 0 Marvel ROM Screen and questions

I have been trying to get the Marvel ROM setup screen to appear during post by pressing control-m during post and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong? From what I understand the board has (2) controllers for the motherboard's SATA II and III connections. SATA II is controlled by the Intel controller and SATA III is controlled by the Marvel controller. I have referred to this PDF on Page 12 for setup of the Marvel controller: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/raid/X58%...A3/English.pdf

I have went into the Advanced Storage Configuration in the BIOS and changed the configure SATAII as to RAID, IDE, and AHCI and I still am never able to get the Marvel ROM screen to populate by pressing control-m during post? If I set the SATA II to RAID in the BIOS I will get the Intel RAID ROM screen to appear and be able to configure it.

I have 2 SSD SATA II drives that I have set up on the Intel controller in RAID 0 configuration but I am not sure if I have these configured correctly for optimum peformance. I thought that AHCI was required to acheive this but when I enable AHCI in the BIOS on the SATA II controller I lose the RAID ROM screen for the Intel controller.

I have the following questions:

1) Can both controllers be enabled and coexist at the same time?
    2) When setting up RAID 0 on the controllers for SSD drives what should the stripe size be set for?
    3) How can I get AHCI and RAID 0 configured correctly on the Intel controller RAID 0 set for optimum
    performance?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Default Re: ASROCK X58 EXTREME6 RAID 0 Marvel ROM Screen and questions

Quote Originally Posted by msmith56 View Post
    I have been trying to get the Marvel ROM setup screen to appear during post by pressing control-m during post and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong? From what I understand the board has (2) controllers for the motherboard's SATA II and III connections. SATA II is controlled by the Intel controller and SATA III is controlled by the Marvel controller. I have referred to this PDF on Page 12 for setup of the Marvel controller: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/raid/X58%...A3/English.pdf

I have went into the Advanced Storage Configuration in the BIOS and changed the configure SATAII as to RAID, IDE, and AHCI and I still am never able to get the Marvel ROM screen to populate by pressing control-m during post? If I set the SATA II to RAID in the BIOS I will get the Intel RAID ROM screen to appear and be able to configure it.

I have 2 SSD SATA II drives that I have set up on the Intel controller in RAID 0 configuration but I am not sure if I have these configured correctly for optimum peformance. I thought that AHCI was required to acheive this but when I enable AHCI in the BIOS on the SATA II controller I lose the RAID ROM screen for the Intel controller.

I have the following questions:

1) Can both controllers be enabled and coexist at the same time?
    2) When setting up RAID 0 on the controllers for SSD drives what should the stripe size be set for?
    3) How can I get AHCI and RAID 0 configured correctly on the Intel controller RAID 0 set for optimum
    performance?

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Anyone out there have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thread Information