Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Please help me! ASRock 870 EXTREME3 blank monitor T.T

Default Please help me! ASRock 870 EXTREME3 blank monitor T.T

I brought this mobo for my new pc rig, i plugged everything in including the 8pin+24 pin power supply onto the mobo. I press on all the fans worked fine cpu,stock, gpu. I turned on my monitor and got an 'no signal'. I already RMA this product from newegg so this is my 2nd pair.. What else could be wrong, I'm using corsair 750w power supply.

Lightbulb Re: Please help me! ASRock 870 EXTREME3 blank monitor T.T

I have bought an ASRock 990fx Extreme3 with Bulldozer (8120) a few days ago, and have had the same problem. The situation seems that the video driver is not loading correctly during boot for any HDMI, or DVI monitor output, only VGA.

What I did to fix this issue (I have two monitors, 1 DVI, the other DVI <-VGA) is simply unplug and re-plug in the VGA to DVI monitor into the second DVI input on the video card, than the one I was using. Odd. I know. but it worked.

Keep in mind I had to do this several times during Windows 7 installation with a clean install to a formatted hard disk. So its not just me that's going to have this issue. After windows install, the screen would stay black and nothing would be loading. I restarted the comp several times and got curious as it kept doing the same thing. I unplugged the video card from one of the dvi inputs on the video card, to the other one, and it came up with the windows entry screen.. Seems its allocating the main display to the port that is not being used.

Anyhow, hope this helps you out. Just my experience from loading my OS yesterday.

FathomX

Default Re: Please help me! ASRock 870 EXTREME3 blank monitor T.T

You don't say if you're using a video card. If your using onboard video, make sure the monitor is turned on and wait 5 seconds before booting. Or try pressing F11 or Del a few times (to get into the boot or bois screens respectively) immediately when booting to see if your not going past the first screen.

Thread Information