Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

Default Re: Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

Scratch that, PC froze again.

PC was sitting idle with Incredimail in the foreground.

Top reasons pc freezes:

1. Ram
    2. Virus/spyware
    3.Drivers
    4.Overheating.

I read somewhere that Trend Micro can cause Windows 7 to freeze so I uninstalled it but the PC froze the next day. I then ran a reg cleaner which cleaned out 700+ entries. PC hasn't froze since running reg cleaner 1 week ago. Fingers crossed.

PC froze 1 week after last post. I then applied v1.5 firmware but PC froze about 20 minutes later. I rebooted and went through all bios options until the 'Cool n Quiet' setting caught my attention. It says something about being incompatible with some types of memory so disable if system problems are encountered.

Cool n Quiet is now disabled and PC hasn't frozen in 2 weeks. Not holding my breath at this point in time. Still on firmware v1.5.

Smile Re: Asrock 890Gm Pro3 problems

Hello guys,

I used to experience instability when i first built my system (aug 2010) but after disabling usb 3.0 function in bios my system have been happy ever since. Try it and let me know.

Thanks for replying.

Since my last post, I haven't had a single freeze. I'd say that patriot memory can't handle the voltage changes the cool 'n' quiet implements to put the PC into a power save mode.

My USB3 port is still enabled and in use with a USB peripheral (not sure exactly what's plugged into this port - mouse, eco button, camera or printer). Was your USB3 port in use whilst you were having instabilities?

At that time i didnt have anything plugged into that usb 3 port. It unusual! I havent had a single bsod since aug last yr until last night when i enabled it again to test. The symptom was quite wierd, even idling caused bsod.I have 16gb (4x4gb) of g.skill ripjaws cl9d @1.6ghz.

Coul be related to your Gskill memory. Different memory, different trigger.

My PC BSOD's were due to incompatible hardware which I removed and rebuilt the PC. After that I only had system freezes at random times. If the computer was under load, it didn't seem to freeze until it became idle. The freeze would have occurred when the cool 'n' quiet recognised the computer being in an idle state so it dropped system voltages including memory voltages which froze the system sometime after this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information