Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New P55 Extreme 4 all new components NOT POST or BOOT ...just fans spin for a sec

Default New P55 Extreme 4 all new components NOT POST or BOOT ...just fans spin for a sec

Ok I'm beating my skull with my shoe. I have replaced my memory twice...my powersupply 750w now. Replaced the cpu cooling fan twice. Rested the cpu three times.

What is wrong with this motherboard. Does anyone have any of these things working?

I turn the power on via the onboard button or the case power on the same thing...fan spins..every then it powers down ...code 00 then pauses for 5 sec...does it again...powers up..cpu fan spins...powers down.

Any ideas before I throw this mobo in the garbage.

p.s. I have several gigabyte and asus and XFX mobos. None of them have had problems like this. VERY poor documentation and the cpu socket mount is awefull. My thoughts are the cpu mount is not seating properly.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: New P55 Extreme 4 all new components NOT POST or BOOT ...just fans spin for a sec

I have the exact same issue. PSU was already changed, that did not help in any way.
    Even disconnecting everything, removing graphic card and RAM modules, unmounting from the case , clearing CMOS and powering up externally from the case did not help.
    The power-led and dr. debug leds stay dark... no matter what.

Just the fan spins shortly when pressing the power button.
    ASRock support was just contacted. It seems like a very bad mainboard issue.

Default Re: New P55 Extreme 4 all new components NOT POST or BOOT ...just fans spin for a sec

Good lord...yeah I'm going to RMA and damn...should have got a Gigabyte..pretty much ruined xmas for my son as were putting it all together. All brand new components.

Thread Information