Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 870 extreme3 debug code "d0" help!

Default 870 extreme3 debug code "d0" help!

Hi! I'm new to the forum but I'm hoping someone can help..

Im getting an error on the Dr. Debug LED of "d0"... Its a weird scenario because after it hangs on the code, if I push the manual reset button, it will boot into windows just fine. However, ANYTIME I try to reset (in or out of the OS) it will do the same thing... hang on the code until i push the reset button.

I have replaced the RAM, the PSU, and cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and pushing the button... this included disconnecting all the power for 2 hours...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!

New build specs are:

870 extreme3 (bios p1.60)
    WD black 1 Tb SATA3
    Nvidia GT240 1gb
    650w thermaltake PSU
    AMD Phenom II x2 555 black
    LG dvd burner
    Windows 7 x64
    Kingston 4Gb (x1) DDR 1333 (PC3 10600)

Default Re: 870 extreme3 debug code "d0" help!

I found the cause... Unfortunately, this was a symptom of my Phenom II x2 555 BE CPU's failure to unlock more cores via the UCC feature on the 870 extreme3 board.

Just for some added info, from my research the "D0" error displayed on the dr. debug LED refers to the a "Go to flat mode with 4GB limit and GA20 enabled"

Gate A20 (GA20) is a "gate" within the CPU that is utilized by modern software and hardware... wiki it...

When the CPU is in this flat mode the CPU is unable to utilize the dual channel RAM feature, this feature is controlled by the integrated memory controller within the CPU.

if you run into the error.. either turn off the UCC feature, or replace the CPU.

It is NOT the RAM or the PSU!! It could be the motherboard but it is most likely the CPU

Good Luck!!!

Thread Information