Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 memory problem

Default ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 memory problem

I think that i dont know how to setup my memory to work or i not do something right, or something is not in good condition, please help me...
    My configuration is
    Motherboard: ASRock 890XF Deluxe4
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Limited Edition DDR3 1600MHz 4GB Kit KHX1600C9D3X1K2/4G
    Proccesor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3,4 GHz)
    Graphic card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

All is brand new, and in last 3 days i didnt move more than Bios and logo screen during instalation of WIN 7.

Later i was find a memory support list for this Mobo, and this memory is not on the List.
    My last configuration is also ASROCK Mobo with AMD 3000 inside, and it was work good.
    Now i was buy this configuration for future use, but it seems that something is wrong.
    U put all inside a case, a fresh new power supply (700 W, real one, not cheap) and start a PC, run into BIOS to see is all OK, a then i was discover my first surprise, memory was seen as 1333 MHz. OK, i said to myself, i see option 1600 :-).
    But no succes :-(
    Then (acctual last 3 days) i reading many www and forums to see how to run this memory. I'm not skilled in adjusting so many parameter inside BIOS (OC Tweaker), i put only CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS in order 9-9-9-24 and down i choose 1T. Voltage is default - 1.65 V.
    No succes at this as for memory says "DEAFAULT" options.

Because im not skilled with this OC, i never use em, but many users says that adjusting a memory trough BIOS option is "few secconds job" .... I Agree, if u are skilled in that. I'm not or my memory is not compatible with this mobo.

Soo, if u have a similar problems, or if u have maybe same/similar configuration, maybe u can help me trough this forum post.

Thank u all who do that.

P.S.
    1. I forgot to tell that BIOS is on that was come with MOBO - P.1.10
    2. Processor is new version Phenom 965 (125 W)
    3. I not have any instalation on my HDD, because during instalation of WIN 7 PC just freeze and leave me RESET as only option.
    4. sorry on bad (gramaticaly) english
    Last edited by Wizzer; 01-02-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Default Re: ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 memory problem

First thing you want to do is update your BIOS to the 1.50. It is on their site. As far as memory goes I had basicly the same problem with Gskill 1600 memory. They told me this

I got this from Gskill when I questioned them about stability. "Raising CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V can stabilize DDR3-1600, or increasing DRAM Voltage +0.1V to 1.60V can also fix this."

It may be a thing with 1600 modules no matter who the mfg. is. Also my memory is not on the list but was told by ASRock that if the Mfg. is on the list there should be no problems. Only CHEAP memory seems to cause the most problems.

Somehow i was succed to update BIOS to new version trough my usb stick (hardlyyy, but successful) and emediatly i put instalation of WIN 7, but after automatic reset is still not 100 % ok (not boot good, i need to wait a little).

I will try with raising NB voltage fo + 0.1 V, but i think that io have 2 types of NB voltage: CPU NB Voltage and just NB voltage (personaly i dont have idea what does mean).

When i do that, if system runs good, i will leave one "happy post" :-)

About memory, its default voltage 1.65 V, soo, as u say, i will not touch that, because they already works on fine voltage, if i compare to your advice.

Im only not sure in MA Timing, to leave them on AUTO (then bios choose 2T) or to put them on 1T, as i was read around web?

The best thing to do is go to the BIOS and click on EXIT and then Click on Default Bios. This should give you a good start. Keep us posted.

Well, i have WIN 7, i have some basic programs, update of WIN i didnt finish yet, but i will these days. Lets say that problem is solved.

Problem that now was arrive is that when i install something that requires restart of PC, after restart i cant get signal on my monitor, it stays blank (and by the look on my keyboard it seems frozen).

I need to shut down PC manualy (5-6 sec on power button), wait a little, a then after some time i press power and (less or more) system comes up :-). Nothing broken :-)

Only now at the begining of adjusting a system, these restart is required for almost any small change i do, haha...

I really no idea why pc do that, or why they dont wanna to do normaly. ehm :-(

Do you have the external power cable plugged into the Video card? Should be a 4 or 6 pin connector labeled PCIE

Yip, i have them on the back of my card, all fine with that.

One of my friend a little bit skilled than me with hardware says me that is probably somehting in that bunch of adjustable options in BIOS. That will correct this situation too, but or i will discover within some time or if i will found someone with similar problem.
    He also told me that he doubt that is some hardware problem, because i have almost "full-operation-system".
    OK i say, youre right, but this little pain i. ... i would like to not have :-)

There is a setting in one of the BIOS parts that says Primary Video. PCI is the default. Should be changed to PCIE.

PCIE in BIOS is ON, all fine there.
    in CPU-Z my DDR3 memory is seen as PC3-10700 (667MHz), ratio is 1:4, Freq. 803,5 MHz, 9-9-9-24, Bank Cycle Time (tRC) is 40 and Command Rate is 2T. NB Freq. is 2008,9 ( i think that in bio is something like 10x200 or 200x10)

I was read that if i wanna run memory on 1600, a need to OC CPU and (who knows what more) to reach 1600 (12800). I no idea how this multiplier job (CPU and NB, or FSB, ehm...) works exactly to do that easly.

BTW Kingston was reply me on my Q that this memory on my board works as 1333 and if i wanna run them on 1600, i need to OC. I have 1600 choice from BIOS, but i doubt that only choosin a memory from BIOS solve all problems.

CPU works by default (17x200) 3400 MHz, in ASRock OC Tuner, Hardware monitor part BUS speed is 200.8, Multiplier 4.0, HT Link 2007-2008, HT Voltage 1.105, VCORE Voltage 1.008, DRAM Voltage 1.650, NB Voltage 1.145.... ah one more voltage CPU NB Voltage 1.375..... Damn... these voltages and parameters killing me, haha...
    PCIE Speed is 100

Now i was put almost all that i was found.

I'm not OC skilled, last time when i was do some OC it was been 99% less parameters for change if i compare them with today situation.
    On my old Athlon 64 (3000 MHz) i was just change about 5-6 parameters, mostly in memory latency, and that was almost been all. Today.... pfffff.... i need to finish some OC school for all these options and values inside them... uh :-)

I don't know if I said this but your memory has to be in the White slots. I am sure if you tinker using the OC Tuner you will find the sweet spots. Right now I don't have much time to OC so if you come up with any tips I would appreciate you telling me. j

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information