Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Temps in OC' Utility for AMD incorrect?

Default Temps in OC' Utility for AMD incorrect?

I believe the temps I am getting for my 965be using the Asrock utillity are incorrect. They are average 10C above Core Temp. I have done several tests as my cpu was topping out at 66C according to the Asrock Utility. Does anyone else have an experience similar to mine?

Default Re: Temps in OC' Utility for AMD incorrect?

Compare the bios temps with cpuid hardware monitor and core temp. Try to use 3 readings to come to a conclusion.

Also, are you overclocking? if so, what is your stats?

If you are overclocking and you're getting temps of 66c you should stop before you cause damage.

Make sure you get a decent cooler as well; they're only 30-40 bucks.

Good Luck!

Default Re: Temps in OC' Utility for AMD incorrect?

Yes, I have it overclocked to 3.8ghz at stock voltage. I am using a Xigmatek Rifle cooler and there is plenty of air flow in my case. I believe the utility is wrong. I did compare temps in the bios to both, but that is only idle temps. Its the loaded temps I am worried about. Considering other temps I see on the web, I think core temp is in the right ball park. I would like to know what other people are seeing with their ASrock utility.

Thread Information