Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P67 Fatal1ty - owners experience

Question P67 Fatal1ty - owners experience

Hi Guys,
    I have been tossing up between the Asus Maxiumus IV Extreme and the Asrock P67 Fatal1ty (big difference IK), for use with a i72600k & 2x4GB Vengence CL8

ATM I am pretty keen on the Fatal1ty mainly just because its different and I like to be the Devils advocate in the face of Gigabyte and Asus fans, but seriously, from owners of the Fatal1ty whats your thoughts and experience with this board?

Cheers

PS: Is it or will it be possible to change the EFI background?

Default Re: P67 Fatal1ty - owners experience

Well thats a giant vote of confidence 71 views in an Asrock forum and no admits to owning the Fatal1ty.....
    FTW

i,m loving the fatality board comming from a evga board i was pleasntly surprised how good this is

Thx M8, I reckon its looks pretty solid, but I'm afraid I paid the premium and ordered a ASUS M4E in the mean time.
    all the best with it, I'm glad to see Asrock coming out with such resonably priced and well equiped mobo's

I thinks it is a good board. I have been a strict AMD guy for a long time, but when scanning Newegg for a PC overhaul I came across the Sandy Bridge chips, and decided one Intel rig can't hurt anything.

Problems:
    1 (As any motherboard manual I have ever owned) it came with a separate BIOS manual that is a complete waste of a tree. A small excerpt:
    "CPU C3 State Support
    Use this to enable or disable CPU C3 report to OS"
    Tell me something other than the obvious please, like what is this, and does it affect OC stability.
    2 Kudos to ASROCK for the ability to draft your socket 775 cooler from your old system so you don't have to buy a new waterblock. However I have a couple of 775 back plates for my Swiftech block that are both useless with the board. They are shaped like an "X" and cannot fit flush with the back of the MOBO due to a thick back plate already there. Was unsure if I could remove it as it looked like it was supporting the socket itself. So I went ahead and bought a new water block. If I was right in my actions, then ASROCK should include a custom 775 back plate that fits the back of this MOBO for folks planning on using their old coolers.
    3 So far I have had some trouble OC'ing. Once again the BIOS manual is vague at best and all the guides (none of which are specific to this board, or even mention it) I have found on the net refer to BIOS settings that are not even in the BIOS for this board. Unless I am missing something. Examples: VRM Frequency, duty control, and phase control.
    What's more, there are settings I think I need to tweak, but cannot find info on them such as Long Duration Maintained, Short Duration Limit, etc. Coming from AMD I am lost. Managed to get it to 4.5Ghz after a lot of playing.

All in all it's a good board. I bought the 2500k chip, 2x6850 GPU's for Crossfire, an extra HD for RAID 0, 2x4GB sticks of Gskill Ripsaw, and had no trouble setting any of this up.
    I am also confident I will get my OC higher as these chips and MOBOs are out longer, bios updates are released (hopefully one includes an option to change the BIOS background image), and I learn a little more about Intel chips.
    Last edited by byrdawg; 02-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.

i have problems with the Asrock p67 Fatality when i take the Multiplier higher as 49 they dont boot and displays only black with a cursor.

Do anyone have the same Problems?

Can anyone post a screenshot from the BIOS Settings who reach the 5 Ghz or higher.

Thanks, regards, dragsha

does anyone know /how/when asrock will change these boards fot the new non faulty chipsets ?

The chip is the limiting factor in overclocking, not temperature/voltage.

The replacement boards are expected as early as the end of February, but realistically by April.
    You should RMA through your retailer (ex NewEgg/Amazon) and if that fails, then direct RMA through ASRock would be needed. Further updates should be on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsha View Post
    i have problems with the Asrock p67 Fatality when i take the Multiplier higher as 49 they dont boot and displays only black with a cursor.

Do anyone have the same Problems?

Can anyone post a screenshot from the BIOS Settings who reach the 5 Ghz or higher.

Thanks, regards, dragsha
    I was getting the same trying to go from 4.5 to 4.6. But I am now able to boot into 4.8 with these settings:

Using BIOS 1.50 (there is a beta bios that is suppose to be more stable while OCing.)

CPU Configuration
    Enhanced Halt State (C1E) - Disable
    Thermal Throttling - Disable

OC Tweaker Screen
    Speed Step - Disable
    Load XMP Setting - Auto (keep in in auto but below it manually enter in all your memory settings according to your memory specs.
    CPU Core Voltage - Fixed @ 1.38 (amount different for each chip)
    Set all the other voltages manually. I just entered the same voltage reported as they were in auto.
    CPU Load-Line Calibration - 1

Storage Configurations
    Set SATA modes to raid if using raid, AHCI if not
    Through the rest of the BIOS I disabled anything I wasn't using: floppy, 2nd LAN, Serial Port, 1394.
    Everything else I kept in it's default state.

Haven't been able to check the stability yet as I am awaiting my new water block.
    If my chip is 5.0 capable, I think these settings will work with some more voltage to the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by secured2k View Post
    The chip is the limiting factor in overclocking, not temperature/voltage.
    I think I know where you are coming from but don't think you said it right.
    Not all chips are capable of hitting 5.0ghz. But if your chip IS and you do not supply the right voltage, then voltage is a limiting factor. Same with BIOS. A BIOS setting or revision can hold the potential of your chip back which then the BIOS becomes your limiting factor. Same as with temps. Temps can limit your OC ability. Especially trying to hit 5 on air. Different coolers will give different temps. therefore coolers are a limiting factor.
    Last edited by byrdawg; 02-10-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information