Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67 Extreme6 Memory Issue and config

Cool P67 Extreme6 Memory Issue and config

Just purchased, with quite a bit of excitement an Extreme6 MB, 2600K CPU, GX470 Video Card and 3, 1G WD Hd's and 16Gb RAM (generic DDR3-1333, NB, NECC)...

I can only get the board to accept memory in single channel mode. all four sticks of ram are the exact same and when I try and install memory in DC mode, I get Dr. debug and stuck on code 45.

I have tried three versions of Mb code (came installed with 1.10, I upgraded to 1.40 then changed to 1.33A, per vendor recommendation, all to no avail.) I purchased different RAM, that was on the recommended / test RAM list on ASROCK.com (this time it was Kingston) KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX, two kits.

The exact same issue......... This is my first high end machine and I consider myself technically savy, I have a pending RMA swap with another board; but just wanted to make certain there was nothing I was overlooking...

I hopped up the CPU to 4.2 on Windows 7-64Bit Ent. and love the preformance.. but am only working with 8 Gb, instead of 16 gb.

Any experience or pointers would be great.. This is not really going to be a gaming machine as much as it is a three workstation replacement.. Im have VMware Server and virtualizing two additional workstations.

They work great as well.... just need the additional RAM to give each machine what it needs...

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: P67 Extreme6 Memory Issue and config

Seen alot of problems with 0x19 code and this one. I hope ASRock gets their act together soon.

I'm using the P67 Extreme6 with 2x4GB + 2x2GB @ 1600 MHz @ 7-8-7-20-1T @ 1.65v with no problems testing and detecting the full 12 GB. I did have a problem when I noticed one of the ram slots were not plugged in tightly but re-seating the ram fixed the memory errors.

This problem usually is from bad ram, a bad ram slot (or memory not completely seated), or bad power.

I think RMA is your best bet considering you have already tried different RAM kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanhunt View Post
    Seen alot of problems with 0x19 code and this one. I hope ASRock gets their act together soon.
    Hey i have this problem is it somthing that needs to be fixed with a RMA?

Thread Information