Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ALiveNF6P-VSTA upgrade ideas

Question ALiveNF6P-VSTA upgrade ideas

I'm looking to upgrade my pc that i bought back in march or april of 2010 and im trying to figure out what i can do with my motherboard because the specs on DDR2 RAM are kinda vague on the Asrock webpage and in my motherboard manual. The manual says maximum of 4GB Ram whereas the Asrock site says a maximum of 8Gb with support for 1066/800/667/533<----i know nothing about these.

My pc specs are;

Power pack: Rosewill LC-8360BTX (350W max)
    Motherboard: ALiveNF6P-VSTA (Micro ATX)
    CPU: AMD Athlon LE-1640 runnin at 2.71GHz
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430
    Memory: Single 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 160Gb

Im looking to upgrade the Ram to close to the maximum (around 7 or 8Gb according to the Asrock webpage), the CPU, and install some kind of video card (not sure what).

If anyone has any good recommendations i would appreciate the insight since im new to upgrading pc's.

Thanks,
    Russ

Default Re: ALiveNF6P-VSTA upgrade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by sukkafree63 View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my pc that i bought back in march or april of 2010 and im trying to figure out what i can do with my motherboard because the specs on DDR2 RAM are kinda vague on the Asrock webpage and in my motherboard manual. The manual says maximum of 4GB Ram whereas the Asrock site says a maximum of 8Gb with support for 1066/800/667/533<----i know nothing about these.

My pc specs are;

Power pack: Rosewill LC-8360BTX (350W max)
    Motherboard: ALiveNF6P-VSTA (Micro ATX)
    CPU: AMD Athlon LE-1640 runnin at 2.71GHz
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430
    Memory: Single 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 160Gb

Im looking to upgrade the Ram to close to the maximum (around 7 or 8Gb according to the Asrock webpage), the CPU, and install some kind of video card (not sure what).

If anyone has any good recommendations i would appreciate the insight since im new to upgrading pc's.

Thanks,
    Russ
    Hi, i know this is old thread.

but did anyone ever find out if the motherboard abive supports a maxmium memory of 4GB like hte manual stated or 8GB like the website stated?
    thanks
    ;)

Thread Information