Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67 Extreme4 Won't wake from sleep with USB devices.

Default P67 Extreme4 Won't wake from sleep with USB devices.

I have P67 extreme4 with windows 7 64bit. I've checked all the power management settings and the keyboard and mouse are both set as devices to wake the PC from sleep. They won't though. I have to hit the power button every time and it wakes just fine from sleep at that point. I've tried other usb ports on the mobo.

I've checked through the UEFI interface, it doesn't say anything about waking with USB devices in there. Any ideas?

Default Re: P67 Extreme4 Won't wake from sleep with USB devices.

I have the same question. I'd like to wake the PC using my wireless mouse or keyboard, but when the PC goes to sleep it doesn't listen to USB input.

I found it was my logitech G15 keyboard that the motherboard wouldn't register. I had my logitech mouse receiver plugged into one of the USB ports on the keyboard and it wouldn't detect that as well. When I moved the mouse receiver to one of USB ports on the motherboard, it was able to start waking the PC from sleep. Keyboard still won't wake it, but at least the mouse does now.

Dear tin1,

We are checing this issue, please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM first.
    If any update, I will inform you.

Dear cwineman,

We test Logitech wireless 7000 mouse and keyboard, the system can resume from S3 by mouse and keyboard.
    Please kindly tell me the detail model name of your wireless keyboard and mouse.
    I will check this.

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

In the advanced settings for Power Management in Win7 try disabling both On Battery (if you have a UPS) as well as Plugged In under the USB Settings-> USB Selective Suspend sub menu and see if that solves the problem
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Dear Tin1,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will sent a beta BIOS to you for testing.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information