Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing LAN adapter on p67 extreme4?

Default Re: Missing LAN adapter on p67 extreme4?

You mentioned having an aftermarket CPU cooler. This would be good for cooling the CPU but it does not help (so much) in cooling the motherboard, VRM, or LAN chip set, etc. Heat or power problems may still be the issue.

I think the approach i'll take is to reset and update the BIOS, first. If the adapter shows up after, i'll try to duplicate the conditions leading up to the failure and monitor the temps. I do note that the problem is always preceded by a crash while playing my FPS game on max settings so overheating could be the culprit, notwithstanding that the PC runs on normal settings with no tweeks or overclocking. If you think a different approach would be more effective, please let me know. Thanks.

I tried to flash the BIOS but could not get that to work. I then reset the BIOS to the default setting and the network adapter then appeared and worked right after my last post until last night when my PC hung while playing the same FPS game. It seem to work for a long time before quiting on me last nite. I had to hit the hard reset button and when the PC booted up again, my network adapter card was gone. Several restarts (even after the pc was off for several hours) failed to resolve the problem. I then reset the BIOS to default to see if that would work and it didn't. The network adapter is still missing. I think I'll try to figure out why I can't seem to flash the BIOS and get that squared away before moving on to the decision of returning the board or working around the problem with an external usb adapter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information