Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ALiveNF7G-720p - Coprocessor Driver And SPDIF Through HDMI

Default ALiveNF7G-720p - Coprocessor Driver And SPDIF Through HDMI

Hello guys ive reinstalled my windows 7 on this alternate machine for the missus. As shes wanting to use it for a small bit of gaming. But we have run into a snag. The motherboard and CPU and GPU are all a fair bit old. And drivers seem to be hard to find. Also as i want to use this for my Media Centre i want Sound through HDMI but for some reason this isnt possible atm. Heres the problem.

Asrock.com says that my mobo is an ALiveNF7G-HD720p R2.0 with NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP SMbus and VGA. So i head to Nvidia.co.uk and download the lastest for that chipset. And all that installs is the VGA no SMBus or anything so i have a nice yellow '?' in my device manager list. Im wondering if anyone knows which driver is needed for this. The one on the website isnt for Windows 7 X64 or Vista X64.

Another problem is HDMI sound. Now i have a 9600GT Palit 1GB Sonic GPU that has an SPDIF Socket. Now the mobo has an SPDIF out but it seems that getting sound through the HDMI out on my GPU card. Ive tried literally EVERYTHING. And yes ive followed the guide in the manual. And Windows 7 Installed my Onboard HDMI Sound driver. I can take some pictures of the setup between the GPU and the Mobo if needed.

BEAR IN MIND - This PC is OLD and ive moved hom twice since ive had it. So my driver / Asrock disc has been misplaced and tbh i think was binned. So using the driver CD is out of the question. Heres some specs on the System

ALiveNF7G-HD720p R2.0 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.19Ghz
    8GB OCZ Gaming Ram
    1x 1TB WD Sata
    1x 750 WD Sata
    1x 250 WD Sata
    1x 180 WD Sata
    Nvidia 9600GT 1GB Sonic *Palit* GPU
    800W Corsair PSU
    1x TSSP Corp DVD-RW
    1x Sony DVD-RW

Any help would be lushious :)

Unhappy Re: ALiveNF7G-720p - Coprocessor Driver And SPDIF Through HDMI

I can't help but have similar issue. Would love to find a driver for audio on that mobo that would allow DVI-HDMI under Win 7. If enough show interest, maybe someone will throw us a bone! I have the AliveNF7G-HDREADY unit. The drivers are OK with Vista but...

Default Re: ALiveNF7G-720p - Coprocessor Driver And SPDIF Through HDMI

Well it seems after a reinstall of windows WITHOUT my GFX card inserted got me the Nvidia HDMI Audio driver. Meaning i can use DVD-HDMI adapter and get HDMI to carry Video and Sound. But this is ONLY from the Onboard GPU not my 9600GT. Which doesnt handle 1080p Encodes to well.

Thread Information