Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft restart

Default SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft restart

Hi there

Iím using a H67M-GE with the latest 1.30 bios installed and an OCZ vertex 2 using latest firmware 1.28. Iíve built 4 systems with exactly the same configuration for my work place, and all of them have exactly the same issue, when I switch the machines on, not any of them detect the SSD drive, so I do a soft restart by pressing ctrl+alt+del and then the SSD is detected.
    If I change the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE or RAID, the SSD is detected properly even after a cold power on.
    Iím pretty sure this should be some sort of bug in the bios as Iíve 2 OCZ vertex 2 at home from exactly the same batch as the drives Iíve got at work but on a MSI P67A-C45 (Intel P67), using the same firmware 1.28 as well.
    This makes me wonder that the issue is with the Asrock H67M-GE motherboard.
    Should I raise a ticket with asrock perhaps?
    Thanks for your advice!

Default Re: SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft res

Well, I have fiddled with SSD drives but my mobo is A790GXH/128M and the ahci didn't work for me neither, but I was making a raid 0 from 2 60GB (64GB salesman) Kingston SSDNow V-series SNV425 (the read speed is now 460MB/s + access time 0.22ms).

I don't know if ahci offers that much performance boost that you should use it if you get them working in ide/raid mode.
    Last edited by AsrockNewbie; 02-05-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Thumbs down Re: SSD not being detected when switching the machine on but detects after a soft res

Well, I've tested a bit more on other 2 different 1155 motherboards, from giagabyte and asus, guess what? They worked fine with the drives in ahci, so definitely is not a problem with the SSD.

I'm impressed by the lack of support from asrock so far, I've send them a few emails about it and as there is no any phone number to contact any support, I think I'll simply return this motherboards as faulty and get any other asus/gigabyte/msi motherboard as a replacement.

I'm really upset by this lack of support and feedback from asrock.

Thread Information