Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Games Crashing

Default Games Crashing

Hi all i am new to this forum and the whole pc gaming scene.

My setup is as follows:
    Asrock Extreme 4 Motherboard
    AMD Phenom 2 3.2 Quad Core
    6gb Kingston ram
    700w PSU Pentium4 on the side of it
    ATI 6870 1gb Gfx

My problem is as follows:

In windows i have no issues at al everything runs okay and media player etc are all okay.
    When i start a game be it MW2 or NFSHP the game will load fine and i can start a race or map without a problem now its not every map or after a certain amount of time either but the game with freeze on the screen at random (i can still here that the sound is continued though) it will stay frozen for 30secs - 2mins and then it will flash back up on to the desktop and then the game will continue from where it had frozen.
    This is getting really frustrating so i have done the following things:
    Re flashed my bios
    Fresh install of Win 7 32bit and then when that didnt work a fresh install of 64bit
    I have ran the system without adding any peripherals or drivers to anything but the GFX card
    I originally had a 5770 gfx card but read on the net that, that might be the issue so upgraded at a cost of 200 to the new card still no joy
    All drivers are fully upto date on the MB,GFX,Win7
    I have systematically removed each stick of ram and tried gaming without each one in and still it crashes
    There are 6 case fans so things cant be getting to hot in the system
    Im now wondering if it is a RAM issue or if my PSU might not be man enough for the job or ???????
    Please Please Please help me i sold my old pc and my xbox to be able to afford this gaming rig and i have now been unable to game for 3 weeks and it has cost me another 200 to get the new GFX card

Cheers

Crispy

Default Re: Games Crashing

Install some kind of temperature monitoring software so you can run the game while it logs the temperatures from cpu, gpu and mb.

And I see you have Phenom II 955. The stock cooler it has is just a joke. If you're using cpu's stock cooler you should consider replacing it.

Also try turning off Cool and Quiet by putting power saving mode to best performance in windows.

Hi thanks for the reply but i have a dual fan cooling rig on top of the cpu and my power saving mode is on best performance as i tried that 3 days ago :(
    Iv have tried everything i can think of and still no luck i have even ran it with the side of the case open so it cant be a cooling issue although i will run Speedfan test again later on

Do you have 3x 2GB memory dimms or 2x2GB + 2x1GB (page 17 on manual for memory configs)? Also be sure to use x64 OS when you have over 4GB ram.

What kind of temperature is your stuff running on (cpu/gpu/mb) and how are the psu voltages? (Get some kind of hardware monitoring software like everest/aida64extreme)

I myself have Scythe ninja 3 with only one fan on my 955 and it works stable up to 4GHz with stock voltages and temperature hardly ever exceeds 52 degrees centigrade.
    Last edited by AsrockNewbie; 02-12-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Download coretemp for temp monitoring,if the psu has Pentium 4 stamped on it then its probably an old model by now,I would try another new psu,take a look at this one its good spec psu but its up to you

novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/components/powersupplies/novatech/nov-psb750.html

Again it could be something else idk,if it was memory it would do it when not playing games too?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information