Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 880GMH/USB3 Boot problem

Default Asrock 880GMH/USB3 Boot problem

Hi! Few months ago I bought brand new MB Asrock 880GMH/USB3 rev 1.00 paired with Phenom II x4 820 and 2x2gb Corsair 1333mhz DDR3, Asus 4870 512mb ddr5, 400W Fortron 400PNF, Win7 x64 Ultimate, details: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

I am having the following problem. Perhaps 1 of the 10 times when I was starting my pc there was no signal on monitor, I hear coolers running, but no signal on monitor/green led on my monitor, using reset button pc boots normal, sometimes i need to use on/off to get it back to normal and boot Windows. I've tried resetting bios, changing RAM modules slots, flashing latest 1.50 bios, installing latest drivers for all devices, removing my graphic card and using integrated vga on board but problem was there. Now it's getting worse, the problem is far more usual than it was month or two ago. Usually sleep or hibernate mode is what I'm using but even if I shut down pc problem is still there. My CPU is OC'd a bit, 15% using bios OC, but I've set everything to default with no luck. From what I've seen this problem is pretty common. I know a guy with exactly the same problem and same VGA, eventually he was so frustrated and changed MB. Can you help me please resolving this frustrating problem? Thanks.
    Last edited by forzamilan; 02-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Default Re: Asrock 880GMH/USB3 Boot problem

Just to let you know what was the issue. Maybe someone will have the same problem. Apparently the problem was actually video card, not the mainboard. 2 months ago my ASUS 4870 died, probably power section malfunction or sth. So I was forced to use my integrated ATI 4250 before buying new card. I've been using it for months and above mentioned problem NEVER happened, not once since my old card died. Today I bought GTS 450 SSC 1gb ddr5 and it works flawless.

BTW AsRock support SUCKS, thanks for nothing
    Last edited by forzamilan; 05-20-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Thread Information