Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock p67 extreme4 bug?

Default Asrock p67 extreme4 bug?

So, i got my i7 2600K and started to do some OCing. I am using 1.50 bios i noticed few strange things:

1) when i OC with manual settings, i disable all power saving options, speedstep is enabled, and i put max CPU current to 300. When i boot at 4.4Ghz to windows the set voltage is 1.35V (AIDA displaying). When i run Prime95 CPU downclocks to 3.8Ghz! Also here, under idle looks like speedstep isn't working at all,whole time CPU is on 4.4Ghz.

2) If i use OC profile Turbo 4.4Ghz, put manual voltage of 1.35V and i run Windows to do some tests with Prime95 now CPU downvolt the vCore to 1.240V from 1.35V under 100% load, and i get BSOD. Why does it downvolt? Also, speedstep is not working here when CPU is at 4.4GHz and at idle even tho it's enabled.

Default Re: Asrock p67 extreme4 bug?

Heey, maybe try to disable speedstep you shouldnt use it with overclocking. Especially in OC never use speedstep!

Default Re: Asrock p67 extreme4 bug?

Hi,I know how to fix it
    1 Sign in Bios/uefi ,Enter section Advansed,You must enabled speedstep and turbo bust and then reboot
    2Sign in Bios/uefi ,Enter section Advansed,You must in turbo boost power limit set long duration power limit 250 and short duration power limit 250 and core current limit 250 and then reboot
    3 Sign in Bios/uefi ,Enter section Advansed and disabled turbo boost and then reboot
    4 Sign in Bios/uefi ,Enter section Advansed,You must disabled intel speedstep and then reboot
    After the implementation of these recommendations your processor will not reduce the frequency of load
    good luck

Thread Information