Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock ION 330HT not recognizing MCE Remote

Default ASRock ION 330HT not recognizing MCE Remote

I have an ASRock ION 330HT with the standard MCE Remote Controller. I am running Windows 7.

When I initially installed Windows 7, over a year ago, the MCE Remote worked. Recently, I had to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch and now the system does not respond to the MCE remote in any way. Pressing the button to launch Windows Media Center does nothing. If I launch Windows Media Center via the mouse and keyboard, Media Center itself doesn't respond to any of the buttons on the remote. The system simply acts as if there isn't a remote controller.

I've already checked the BIOS switch. CIR is enabled in the bios. The remote is clearly emitting signals as the red indicator responds when I press a button.

I'm at a loss to know what to check next. Can anybody help?

Thank you

Default Re: ASRock ION 330HT not recognizing MCE Remote

Did you had to install drivers?
    Have you checked the device manager?
    Have you checked the event viewer?

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure how to tell if a device driver is installed or properly installed. Do you know the name of the driver for the IR sensor and/or where to find the driver.

The device manager doesn't list any device that sounds like the IR receiver. There is one "unknown" device in the device list. That could be it, but trying to identify the device or find the driver that would be associated with it eludes me. I attempted to repair the device using Windows several times but it doesn't seem to have a clue what the device is and a scan for new hardware doesn't yield anything.

I looked at the event viewer. I'm not at all familiar with it but I did scan all the logs I could find in the event viewer and nothing seems relevant to my eyes. Pressing the remote does not seem to trigger any events as far as I can tell.

I'm happy to try anything any one can suggest.

Hello,

The device manager is probably pointing us in the right direction.
    I would try to unplug the ir receiver uninstall the unknown device in the device manger, just right click on it and uninstall then reboot your machine, plug in the receiver and see if this will reinstall it.
    Another option is to search for a driver via Google, you will need the remote brand and model to search for it and see if Google gives you any driver.

Good Luck.

Thread Information