Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock says shipping new boards out now

Exclamation asrock says shipping new boards out now

just wanted to know if and when i can buy one !!!!! been waiting.

Default Re: asrock says shipping new boards out now

I would love to know this too.
    My P67 Extreme4 is having issues - NIC connectivity loss (even when using a PCI NIC), random hard lock ups, random bluescreens, random video artifacting.
    I can't really RMA it if I have no way to replace it yet.

kick is offline Senior Member

Check the asrock site.
    They say boards will be available from vendors in March and contact your vendor for the availability.
    You can also pre register you mbrd(serial number) on the asrock site to replace your board before the end of June and get the extended guarantee.Just check around the site news etc.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

thanks for the info

What seems strange to me is that ASRock says some (3 models) motherboards are "Ready to go", but when I contact Newegg, they give me the line that new motherboards won't be available until April.

Exclamation Re: asrock says shipping new boards out now

yeah pete thats what i seen to on there site thats why i put up this thread

from kick,

Check the asrock site.
    They say boards will be available from vendors in March and contact your vendor for the availability.
    You can also pre register you mbrd(serial number) on the asrock site to replace your board before the end of June and get the extended guarantee.Just check around the site news etc.

Can anyone find and post the link to (pre)/register your motherboard on the asrock usa website as kick has suggested? I have a faulty p67 transformer mb and would like to register it with asrock but cannot find any registration links??

Thanks

kick is offline Senior Member

Check through all of this:

ASRock > News > ASRock Statement on Intel 6 Series Express Chipsets Quality Issue

and the q's and answers

The people who had a board die on them after Jan 31 have it tougher,long wait for a replacement.Some new mbrds are filtering through for sale from vendors.
    The vendor I bought mine from never stopped selling b2 boards.
    See Feb 3rd news item.
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/news.php.

I would think by April everyone will be able to get b3 boards but the board manufacturers and vendors will want to have b3 boards for sale new! and not have all stock tied up for replacements before then.
    Of the 3 main mbrd manufacturers,Asrock do seem to have the only deal that gives any benefit to b2 owners when they replace.
    They get an extra 1 year guarantee on top of the normal guarantee.

To get a replacement as soon as possible ,like before April you will probably have to do a lot of emailing.Contact your supplier and or Asrock.
    Other than that if your board is still working ok its probably better to not try any extreme overclocks etc until you are sure there is a replacement available ready for delivery.

I dont mind waiting because my board is working ok,but vendors in the US especially like newegg who pulled all cougarpoint boards at the beginning of February will be trying to supply both first time buyers and replacements.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...elease-already
    Last edited by kick; 03-04-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Thread Information