Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock 939 Dual-VSTA and a PCIE x4 raid card

Default Asrock 939 Dual-VSTA and a PCIE x4 raid card

Hi all,
    Been looking through the forum, and can’t find an answer: Does somebody have hands-on experience with placing a non graphic PCIE x4 card ( in this case a Rocketraid 2310) into the PCIE x 16 slot on the 939 dual VSTA ?
    I know it fits, and I also know it should be backwards compatible, but it will not work on my Asrock K8SLI PCIEx16 slot (were it is running in the PCIE x 4 slot),so therefore the question…
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    My K8SLI is failing on me, had it running as a server; still have the Dual VSTA around, but no processor, so before I get one just want to know if the Rocketraid will run on it
    <o:p></o:p>
    Thanks a lot
    <o:p></o:p>
    Mark

Default Re: Asrock 939 Dual-VSTA and a PCIE x4 raid card

Only thing I can find for a non graphics PCIE x4 in a PCIE 16 slot is this: networking - PCI Express x4 network card into PCI-Express x16 slot? - Server Fault

Hope this helps

Troy

Default Re: Asrock 939 Dual-VSTA and a PCIE x4 raid card

Thanks Troy , will go ahead and see what happens

Any idea if a AM2 5050e will work on the 939 dual VSTA ?( with the future cpu card that is )

cheers,
    Mark

Thread Information