Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ALiveNF4G-DVI cannot start with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7GHz AD05200IAA5DO CPU AM2

Question ALiveNF4G-DVI cannot start with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7GHz AD05200IAA5DO CPU AM2

BIOS version 1.4 (latest)
    Working well with Sempron 2800+ 1.6GHz.
    I want to upgrade to Athlon 5200+ 2.7GHz (AD05200IAA5DO), but system didn't start at all, not even entering BIOS.
    Interesting point: if I remove all RAM PC is silent and didn't make any sounds, but with my Sempron CPU it makes three long bips (as it should be).

I beleive this type of CPU must work on this motherboard, but maybe I'm wrong.

So my question: Did I missed something or CPU I got is defective?

Default Re: ALiveNF4G-DVI cannot start with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7GHz AD05200IAA5DO CPU AM2

I do not see that particular cpu listed as compatible with your board ASRock > Products > ALiveNF4G-DVI > CPU Support List . That may mean it is incompatible or it may just mean it has not been tested for compatibility. You could try to clear your bios and then install the new cpu to see if that works. ... maybe some one else has a better idea ...
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: ALiveNF4G-DVI cannot start with Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7GHz AD05200IAA5DO CPU AM2

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    I do not see that particular cpu listed as compatible with your board ASRock > Products > ALiveNF4G-DVI > CPU Support List . That may mean it is incompatible or it may just mean it has not been tested for compatibility. You could try to clear your bios and then install the new cpu to see if that works. ... maybe some one else has a better idea ...
    Thanks for answer.
    I saw it is not listed as supported CPU and I thought mb just not tested with this CPU.
    I don't see any stopper for it to work - all technoligies are compatible, so it's strange for me and I will rather beleive that CPU is defective (I bought it ex-used).

Is possible the chip is fried. To clear bios settings you may want to have a look at the manual for your board for a jumper setting. Unplugging the computer and removing the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes should do the trick as well. Have seen it suggested that you may need to leave the battery out for several hours on some boards but have not yet had that issue myself. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will be able to assist you if this does not work.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information