Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 890GM Pro 3, X2 555 unlock question and question about wake on usb via Win 7

Default 890GM Pro 3, X2 555 unlock question and question about wake on usb via Win 7

Ok, so I got this board and the Phenom II X2 555 for an HTPC. From the initial power on the BIOS has indicated that I have an X4 chip. Windows7 gave the chip a 7.3 at first and Task Manager indicated a quad core as well. So, I hit the X key at boot to see what would happen and the bios settings still indicate and X4 with different voltages and a minor change in clock freq. 200 to 215. Windows now scores the chip at a 7.6.

My question, how do I tell if it unlocked any cores and why does it appear that all 4 cores are there from the start.

Also using a Logitech wireless mouseandkeyboard and cannot seem to make the system wake from sleep. I do have the bios adjusted to do it, I think and I have Windows configured to allow both devices allowed to wake the system.

I do have bios version 1.60, as shipped.

Thanks Matt

Default Re: 890GM Pro 3, X2 555 unlock question and question about wake on usb via Win 7

well you could try flashing your Bios first. the current version is 2.50.
    i had the same combo of cpu and motherboard with wireless set and it worked fine.(with v2.50 bios)

Default Re: 890GM Pro 3, X2 555 unlock question and question about wake on usb via Win 7

The latest on asrock site is 1.6. This is not the R 2.0 board. Could not find it any where.

sorry my mistake ,i was refering to the 890gx board...

when you start your computer,press "X" , the system will automatically reboot itself, after that, the system will execute the Turbo UCC function. Enabling Turbo UCC, it will automatically help you to unlock the extra CPU core to enjoy an instant performance boost, and the system performance will boost up by overclocking CPU frequency, memory frequency and all related voltage settings.

it's probably shoving all 4 cores because acc was turned on by default in bios(or you have full phenom II quad chip:) sold as x2).so when pressing "X" ,you have 215 instead 200,it overclocks a little.

did you tested it for stability?

Thread Information