Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASRock SandyBridge does not Recognize PCIe RAID Controllers

Default Re: ASRock SandyBridge does not Recognize PCIe RAID Controllers

It's good to see that ASRock fixed the issue. I cannot test it because my system was useless without my disk array so I sold all of my eSata based stuff on eBay and switched to USB.

-Valkyrie-MT

• I found that USB boot devices don't work in the USB3 slots unless the legacy options are enabled in the BIOS.
    • I have an LSI 8408E PCIe 1.x 8x RAID card and it works fine in either PCIe 16x slot on my P67 Extreme6 since the original release. I guess it depends on the hardware Option ROM.
    • XFast USB software requires you to unplug and replug a new device because it works by installing a filter driver for that device. In order for that driver to be reloaded, you have to unplug and replug that device. I'm sure they could try to disable and re-enable the controller but that might restart other devices on the controller. Once the filter driver is installed, you won't have to do it again if the USB device is plugged in to the same port again.
    • I'm glad that AsRock BIOS updates are resolving customer issues with 3rd party add-in cards.

ScottieNiven is offline Junior Member

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I require a BIOS update for my AsRock H61m-ITX to allow it to recognise a Ciprico RC5252-8 RAID card.

I bought this board to build a NAS using that card and was disspointed that it was not recognised.
    Last edited by ScottieNiven; 12-25-2012 at 10:48 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

The newest 2.10 BIOS for your board lists "Support UEFI PXE boot", which hopefully will help.

The BIOS file for your board is 4MB, which may not have room for the cards Option ROM.

ScottieNiven is offline Junior Member

UEFI PXE boot is of no use to me, I want this card to be recognised within the BIOS and windows. I do not want to boot from the RAID card. (Windows runs perfectly off a seperate drive connected to one of the boards SATA connections)

The RAID card works perfect on my Asus P5QPL-AM board which is non UEFI and has a 0.5mb BIOS.

@ ScottieNiven

While you're waiting, contact THIS person and ask his advice/opinion/help. He was Lead Support at Ciprico before they closed down. He's still nicely on his own time providing help and support on their products.

Please post back what he may offer.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hi I'm experiencing similar issues with an Asrock H77M-ITX board.
    I've plugged in an Adaptec 1220SA S-ATA controller (PCIe x1) in the PCIe x16 slot, and it's not detected at all, neither during boot nor in Windows.
    The card works fine in another PC so it seems to be related to the board.

I'm using it with an i3-3220T Ivy Bridge CPU, so it's not the exact same setup as described before, but seems to have the same or similar issue.

Does anyone know if there is a fix available for the H77M-ITX? I've already updated the BIOS to 1.30 but it didn't help.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information