Hi everyone, wish my first post here wasn't a cry for help but here goes.

I recently had to do a fresh install because of some issues(unrelated) on a system that for all intents and purposes was working flawlessly. Upon formatting and reinstalling everything I set my computer up to run optical out through my receiver and ultimately to my headset. Unfortunately when I tried to hold a conversation on Skype I found out that my mic was no longer working.

I removed and reinstalled all the audio drivers from ASRock for this mobo with no luck at which point I tried switching back from the optical out to straight analog. This is when I found out that I had no analog output either, from both the front and rear in/outputs. I misplaced my mobo disk but I've downloaded everything that ASRock has to offer with no luck.

The only thing I remember having that I don't currently have is the Realtek HD Audio Manager(strange because I have Via hardware on the mobo and the tech I emailed said I shouldn't) But I distinctly remember having it.

I'm so frustrated with it at this point I don't even know what to do. I'm not the most technical person around and I've had my friend walk through me with video chat and no luck. We are both convinced that it is not hardware related(everything was flawless before the OS re-install) but ASRock has offered to RMA the mobo. I'm just concerned that I will wait it out for 2 weeks and be in the exact same position.

Summary: Analog sound doesn't work, digital does, tried drivers, no luck, help!

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this!