Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: G43Twins-FullHD jumpers question

Default G43Twins-FullHD jumpers question

I have a G43Twins-FullHD motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4GB of DDR2 1066 RAM. The manual describes where the jumpers should go when using a 1333MHz CPU with DDR2 1066 RAM and it also describes where the jumpers should go if you want to overclock. My question is thus: Where should the jumpers go if I want to have my CPU run at 1333MHz, my ram at DDR2 1066 spec AND be able to overclock. At the moment I have FSB1 at 1-2, FSB2 at 3-4 and FSB3 at 4-5. At the moment my CPU FSB is running at 1333MHz, my RAM at DDR2 800 spec and I am having some trouble overclocking as I cannot exceed 350MHz bus speed (default bus speed is 333MHz).

Any help is appreciated :)

Default Re: G43Twins-FullHD jumpers question

So.... is anyone going to help me?

Anyone at all.

hey what brand of RAM are you using in your setup? I'm trying to find some decent DDR3 to upgrade to, but if that doesn't work i'm going to get 4 gigs of DDR2 at least.

as far as the jumpers, I don't think any of those jumper configurations will short anything out, so try them all one at a time :p that's what I'd do at least.

At the moment I am using Kingston Hyperx DDR2-1066. I have tried switching the jumpers around, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

ok thanks. If you've tried multiple jumper settings then the odds are that it's something else that's limiting you. check your bios?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayge View Post
    ok thanks. If you've tried multiple jumper settings then the odds are that it's something else that's limiting you. check your bios?
    I have been fiddling with the bios settings since I got the motherboard. Could you be a bit more specific?

Thread Information