Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 870 Extreme 3 Raid 0 No drives found

Default 870 Extreme 3 Raid 0 No drives found

I configured raid in the bios and set up a raid 0 logical drive on the raid screen. I'm using 2 samsung spinpoint f3 500gb drives.

I'm trying to install windows 7 x64 via a USB drive. When i get to the screen where it asks where i want to install the OS, there are no drives found and asks for a driver. I copied the asrock sata raid drivers to the usb drive with my install. At this point in the windows install i browse to the raid driver, it shows the driver on the screen, and I click "next" to install them and the computer spins for about 5 minutes and then goes back to the "no drives found" screen.

If i go in and remove the logical drive and change the bios to IDE storage, it sees both my drives in the windows install.

Does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong? I would be happy to provide more info. This is my first build and first raid setup so there may be something obvious i need to check, but googling has not provided an answer. Thanks!

Default Re: 870 Extreme 3 Raid 0 No drives found

It finally recognized my raid drive today (no idea why or what i did different) but then windows wouldn't install to it. I tried a few things but then just gave up on the raid. At this point i think its a windows issue and not an asrock issue.

Default Re: 870 Extreme 3 Raid 0 No drives found

Dear all,

Please kindly download the latest SATA RAID driver from AMD website for testing.
    AMD website link: Downloads

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

Thread Information