Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: pwm cpu fan settings

Default pwm cpu fan settings

I'm new to building, but I got my system up and running fairly well I think: p67 extreme 4, i7 2600k, cooler master Hyper 212+ CPU cooler. One thing I'm not sure about though, is how to set up PWM fan settings so that my CPU cooler isn't running full on constantly. I've found the automatic settings in the BIOS, but I would have expected minimum/maximum temp settings and minimum fan setting or something like that. all there is is target fan and target temp. I'm not sure how they interrelate. Please advise.

Thanks

Default Re: pwm cpu fan settings

Dear ethane,

If you want to adjust CPU fan speed, please kindly use 4-pin CPU fan and refer to below settings under BIOS to try.
    1. Adjust "CPU fan setting" to [Automatic mode]
    2. Please adjust "Target CPU temperature".
    3. Adjust "Target Fan Speed". To slow down the fan, please set the proper value of Target Speed, there are levels for you to choose.

If your CPU temperature is more than "target CPU temperature" which you set, CPU fan speed will increase automatically.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

perfect. Thanks.

I had another question. I use H67M-GE/HT, i7 2600 with AC F12 fan with PWM, and set "Target Fan Speed" to level 1. The AC F12 fan support 400 ~1350 RPM. I always get minimum fan speed at 1000 RPM with CPU temperature around 35 degrees centigrade. Does any seetting can lower the minimum fan speed?

Thread Information