Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help with AsRock 870 Extreme3

Default Help with AsRock 870 Extreme3

So I recently built a PC primarily for gaming, I inserted the RAM into the first and third slots even though they were not the same color as on other motherboards I've seen. The first 2 were blue and the last were black I think. When I go into the BIOS it doesn't detect dual-channel memory mode for some reason. The RAM is also running at like 667mhz, should it not be more like 1333? That's what the ram details said. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help with AsRock 870 Extreme3

For dual channel the ram sticks go into the matching colour slots, also seems to prefer using the 2 white slots for heavy overclocking, not sure why

i'd be interested to know what kinda overclock you get with this mobo, i have the same one

just had to go check bios to make sure.... 667 is correct for ddr3 1333, it's double data rate remember :) is displayed in bios as "667mhz DDR3_1333"
    Last edited by Jpoos; 04-14-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Thread Information