Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 880GXH/USB3 AM3 AMD

Default ASRock 880GXH/USB3 AM3 AMD

To begin, I apologize if any of these questions have been asked before, but i couldn't find answers and I am hoping I have better luck here.

I have recently purchased this m/b + other items (see signature below) to make myself a media center pc. This is not the 1st pc I built and wont be the last, but I am having some strange issues. I am running Win7x64 with the latest drivers. I have no errors and had the same results in Win7x32. The system is not Oced (until I get this resolved)

1. Windows can't shut down- every time i click shutdown the pc does a full reboot instead. the only way the pc will turn off is with the sleep command. Same results with Instant boot installed or not.

2. Windows cannot go to sleep with certain items attached to USB- Since this is an HTPC, all my peripherals are wireless: wireless keyboard, mouse and remote control. mouse and keyboard have a receiver attached to the rear of pc, remote control IR receiver is attached to an internal USB connection on m/b. The only way to put the pc to sleep is to disable the wake features of all 3 devices. Once disabled the pc will go to sleep, but this defeats the purpose of having remote devices. the only way to wake the pc is using the power button on the case. After discussing the issue with MS, they said it was a hardware issue. Is this an enhanced USB host controller driver issue?

3. USB device not available after wake- Although both the wireless keyboard and mouse are available after wake, the IR receiver is not. I get an error message in device manager and the only way to get it back is to reboot.

4. After wake, the display looks funky- the pc is attached to a sony hdtv, res. @ 1080x1920 using DVI. After wake the display goes to a much less resolution with black bars at the sides. I get an error in device manager and the only way to get it back is to reboot. I have tried multiple video drivers including the driver provided by ASRock and they all have the same result.

5. The USB3 connection is not available in sleep mode- Once the PC is in sleep mode, anything attached to the USB3 port is automatically disabled.

I have tried refreshing the bios plus changing many settings to no avail. I have also tried multiple drivers and multiple fresh installs of Os'es.

This m/b performs great with these exceptions. This is my last attempt for a fix before I return it to Newegg.

Thanks in advance,
    -govil
    Mobo: ASRock 880GXH/USB3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: DDR3-1333 4096MB OCZ Signature 4gb (2x2048MB)
    GPU: Onboard
    HDD: WD 250 gb
    DVD: Samsung Black Blu-ray SH-B123L
    PSU: 550 Watt

Default Re: ASRock 880GXH/USB3 AM3 AMD

Ok after tweaking some settings in the bios the pc can now shutdown without rebooting instead. Does anyone know how I can set the pc to wake from sleep using the remote control or wireless keyboard. I know it sounds simple but please look at my post above.

Thanks,
    govil
    Mobo: ASRock 880GXH/USB3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: DDR3-1333 4096MB OCZ Signature 4gb (2x2048MB)
    GPU: Onboard
    HDD: WD 250 gb
    DVD: Samsung Black Blu-ray SH-B123L
    PSU: 550 Watt

Thread Information