Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I think one of my pci-e slots is defected (heat issue?)

Default I think one of my pci-e slots is defected (heat issue?)

Mobo is A790GXH/128M.

Things have been a little strange with my mobo recently, but most noticeably, my GTX 460 card in the green pci-e x16 slot is giving a BSoD at the Welcome screen.
    Actually today it just started BSoD-ing, but before, it was interrupting with a disconnected display or restart in the middle of doing anything (browsing, skype, gaming, etc.)

I put the video card in the lower orange pci-e slot and everything is working great so far. I have no idea what caused the problem, but incase it happens again for the orange slot, I want to know the cause of the problem. Could it be the temperature? It idles at 35C. While gaming it's up to 43C while my video card is at 59C. I really like ASRock and I'd like to keep buying their mobos, but I'm sorta annoyed right now. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by Jodeth; 04-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: I think one of my pci-e slots is defected (heat issue?)

Dear Jodeth,

Please kindly download the latest VGA driver from Nvidia webiste and install it for testing first.
    Nvidia official website: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Thanks~

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

Default Re: I think one of my pci-e slots is defected (heat issue?)

I downloaded 3 different drivers, Latest and a couple of BETAs. Drivers are fine. VGA is fine. The green PCI-E is damaged. Might be clogged with dust. Later I'll clean it and post results. Thanks.

Thread Information