Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 890FX Deluxe 4 memory

Default 890FX Deluxe 4 memory

Hi there,
    I am looking to upgrade my old computer again and need some help. After searching I have decided to with the 890FX Deluxe 4 with an AMD Phenom IIx6 1100T. I will be running 3 dvd/cd drives, 2 hard drives, a wireless card, and a Radon video card. I have a 650w power supply thats brand new and works great.

The question I have is which memory can I use? Accoding to both the corsair and Gskill web pages this mother board does not exist. I've looked at the ASRock web page and found this http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/890FX%20Deluxe4.pdf Now maybe Im wrong but this looks a little old with all the new memory options out there.

I currently have
    <DD>CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 that I got for my now dead mobo (after reading about it I realize that the other mobo was a horrible buy) but this ram is brand new and has only been installed to rule out ram as a problem with my old set up. </DD>
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Default Re: 890FX Deluxe 4 memory

I use this memory Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB &#40;2 x 4GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 &#40;PC3 12800&#41; Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and Skill told me it will work fine and it does. There is one thing with that MB, if you have any trouble they recommend upping the Ram Voltage to 1.6. I did and it works fine.

Thread Information