Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Alivenf4g-DVI PCI-E problem. Code 35

Default Alivenf4g-DVI PCI-E problem. Code 35

Hello forum.

I have recently installed a Nvidia GeForce GT220 PCI-E card on my Alivenf4g-DVI board, however I am unable to install the drivers for the card (even using the disc that came with the card, it tells me that the hardware is not found).

I am able to get video but not very good performance from it. Device manager does not recognize the card. And the Nvidia drivers do not recognize that the card is installed.

Windows Device Manager indicates that there is a problem with the PCI Express Standard Root Port, it is giving me a code 35 which is:

"Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"

The video card is working perfectly on the same computer under Ubuntu 10.10.

This is a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium and I have the most recent BIOS available from the Asrock website. I am not sure what to do from here.

I also want to note that I installed Windows XP thinking that it was a Windows 7 problem only, but I got the same issue. Only in Windows XP it is giving a code 12 which is:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12) "

I have since switched back to Windows 7 Home Premium. Still cannot get the PCI-E port to work, except in Ubuntu.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Alivenf4g-DVI PCI-E problem. Code 35

Dear tranced0nline,

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Load BIOS default settings to try.
    2. Use eraser to clean the golden finger of the VGA card for testing.
    3. Please download the latest VGA driver of GT220 from Nvidia website for testing.
    Link: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    4. If possible, please kindly install the VGA card to another motherboard for testing.
    5. If possible, please kindly change another VGA card to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

I have the same board, with the same video card, and the same problem. I have the bios updated to 1.4, and have even fixed the phantom mac address problem with the mac changer. but this problem persists. i have removed the pci express card, and cleaned the leads with an eraser, loaded default settings, and tried to install the latest nvidia drivers.

still this problem persists. drivers will not load because they do not see the video card.

Hi to All!

I have a same problem but with a GeForce 210 Graphics Card. I have read on a nother forum that Asrock have (or had) a Beta Driver for this kind of problem, because the bios detects wrong the card and the onboard Card works against PCI-Express command. I have written to official support but after one Month waiting no answer. I want to Build from this Mainboard a HTPC and i want it build cheap. Where can i find such a beta bios for this mainboard (ALiveNF4G-DVI)?

Thread Information