Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New build getting A3 Dr Debug code

Default Re: New build getting A3 Dr Debug code

That's good news. What card did you switch to? I'm currently using xfx radeon 6870 so I doubt it's compatibility issues.

I only had to switch to the secondary DVI port on the GTX 580 I had (I read somewhere else that this worked for someone). For some reason with the monitor connected to what I thought was the primary port (leftmost if looking at the back of the case), there was no video, but as soon as I connected it to the other DVI port video came up without an issue. Pretty sure it was unrelated to the A3 error, which cleared after I adjusted the storage mode in the BIOS settings.

I agree, it's most likely related to my GPU and not my motherboard or cpu. I can get it to switch modes by plugging in a USB keyboard and hitting F1. However, I already tried switching DVI ports with zero luck. I'll just test it with another GPU when I get one. If that doesn't work, I'll just return both the GPU and mobo and go with a different manufacturer.

I had the same issue. With a dedicated graphics card (Radeon HD 5770). The "easy" solution was to remove the dedicated card and plug the monitor directly into the motherboard. That got me video, which allowed me to go into POST to change from IDE to AHCI. However my problem is that once I plug the graphics card back in, I still get no video... (I have access to two monitors so I tried plugging the DVI cable into the onboard and also onto the dedicated card and still nothing - tried both at the same time, just the dedicated card - every port, just the onboard and still no video at all).

I disconnected the video card and was able to install Windows and get everything up and running - again except no dedicated video card.

I have two of the 5770 cards (I want to use CrossFireX), but plugging in one or the other or both still has no video output. I even tried installing Windows without the cards, then installing them after Windows (in the hope that Windows would detect them and install drivers and they would start working) and I can hear Windows starting, but still no video output from the graphics cards.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

It was a little difficult to follow along with some of your debugging attempts so apologies if you already tried some of this.

Have you tried using the board video card WITH the dedicated graphics card plugged in?
    Have you checked to make sure that your bios setting isn't defaulting to using onboard video card?
    Have you tried both cards separately? As in you tested card A, it didn't work. So you removed card A and tested card B.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll answer your questions and then try to clear things up.

Yes, I've tried the board video card WITH the dedicated card (s) installed.
    My BIOS settings are to default to the PCI-E video card.
    I've tried all the combinations: card A only DVI port 1, card A only DVI port 2, card B only DVI port 1, card B only DVI port 2, both cards A and B port 1, etc.

Let me see if I can clarify:
    Initial try: Both card A and B installed, got A3 error.
    After reading some forums, removed both cards and tried onboard. Allowed me to get into post and change IDE to AHCI. Computer booted correctly.
    Tried all combinations of video cards (A only, B only, A and B). No video output at all (nothing from the dedicated cards or the onboard).
    Removed both cards and connected to onboard. Installed Windows.
    Tried all combinations of video cards again (hoping Windows would find drivers after bootup). No video output at all.

Gave up for the time being and removed the cards. I'm currently running without them.
    I'm contemplating changing BIOS settings to default to the onboard card and seeing if either that will work or if I can install the drivers in Windows and get it working that way. I'll let you people know if that helps once I try it, but if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime, I'd be very appreciative.

Okay, is there any other system you can test your video card in? Either the board is broken or both cards are broken.

Do you have a system speaker for your motherboard?
    I'm not familiar with your graphics cards. Do they require external power supply?

I have the old machine I pulled them from, but many of the other components are in the new machine as well, so I wouldn't be able to test it there.
    I do have a system speaker connected.
    Yes, they require a 6-pin PCI-E power source, but they were always plugged in correctly when installed (they also have some LEDs on them which will only power on when the 6-pin is connected, so I know they are powered correctly).

I will see what I can do test the video cards in another machine, but I'm really not sure if that will be possible. I'll check into that to see if I'll be able to do that, but it won't be at least another day.

What kinda beeps do you get when you have the video card plugged in?

The single beep after POST completes. The same as when they are not plugged in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information