Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 890FX Deluxe4 will not boot USB 3.0 ADATA S102 flash drive

Default Re: 890FX Deluxe4 will not boot USB 3.0 ADATA S102 flash drive

Dear Customer,

We put 890FX Deluxe4 BIOS L1.51 and 890GX Extreme4 BIOS L1.03 for this issue on ASRock officail website beta zone.
    You can update the BIOS from below link for testing.
    890FX Deluxe4 beta zone link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > 890FX Deluxe4 > Download
    890GX Extreme4 beta zone link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > 890GX Extreme4 > Download

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

OK, Thanks. I'll test it.

Hi Emily
    Updated to 890GX Extreme4 beta bios. All usb ports are ready to boot from, except front panel usb 3.0(s).
    I hope this case is reported and fixed in newer releases.

Thank you for your notice and help.

Quote Originally Posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
    It should be so:
    W200FW23.exe___/srom___4___/write___C:/64/F302508.mem___C:/64/cfg.ini___/address___02-00-00
    or:
    W200FW23.exe___/srom___4___/write___C:/64/UPDATE.mem___C:/64/cfg.ini___/address___02-00-00
    (replace underlines with spaces)
    Hi, could you explain this further? How can I know the addresses of my controllers?

Thanks for helping!

EDIT: I just tried to use those commands but the installer does not take them into account (plural host controller error).
    Last edited by mark09; 06-14-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark09 View Post
    Hi, could you explain this further? How can I know the addresses of my controllers?

Thanks for helping!

EDIT: I just tried to use those commands but the installer does not take them into account (plural host controller error).
    "Address" is your pci-bus address. It is the first column of your "lspci" output in linux and also is shown somewhere in windows but I don' remember now! Other options are obvious except the "srom" option. I don't know what is it, and like you, I couldn't overcome the error of "plural host controller error"!! (As it says in its readme, if more than 1 controller is found, it won't update). As you said before, looks like it ignores all parameters

By the way: Directory tree slashes should be backslash, as we are in dos/windows, not unix:
    W200FW23.exe___/srom___4___/write___C:\64\UPDATE.mem___C:\64\cfg.ini___/address___02-00-00
    Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 06-19-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Add "By the way..."

Thumbs up Re: 890FX Deluxe4 will not boot USB 3.0 ADATA S102 flash drive

Good News!
    Someone has posted me an older version of firmware updater which works and accepts above arguments. Fortunately, by this, you can update to any newer firmware just by selecting the corresponding file as argument. Remember that all firmware updaters you download from station-drivers.com don't accept arguments and always return "plural host controller found" error.

I've prepared a package containing firmware version 3.0.2.8 and a .bat file suited for 890GX Extreme4. I've updated successful. Please edit that batch file (FWupdate32.bat) when gotten the information below for your own mainboard model, then run it and enjoy:
    First run "W200FW23.exe" (whithout argument) to see the PCI Bus Address of your NEC USB3.0 controllers. (You could also find it in linux as I said in previous post)
    Then run "W200FW23.exe / srom ?" to find SROM type of these controllers. (Mine was 2)

Goodluck.
    Here is the thread in which our friend helped us:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...3-problem.html
    Thanks to him.

CANNOT ATTACH FILES!! THIS IS THE ERROR IN FRONT OF UPLOADING:
    407 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]
    CAN SOMEONE TELL WHY?!
    Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 09-16-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information