Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Conroe 1333-d667 R3.0- I need upgrade CPU

Default Asrock Conroe 1333-d667 R3.0- I need upgrade CPU

Hi. I've that old motherboard and want a new supported cpu. Now i've Celeron 430 1'8 Ghz on it.

I have doubts because in the cpu upgrade list don't appear current cpus as E5500, E5700, etc and i'm not sure if i must buy one of them.

I sent email to Support Asrock 10 days ago but they still dont reply.

I want a new CPU Pentium Dual Core Wolfdale fsb1066 as E5700 but it will be supported? I've Bios 1.80 but i could update to 1.90 if is neccesary.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best regards.

Default Re: Asrock Conroe 1333-d667 R3.0- I need upgrade CPU

The chipset on the board is an Intel 945GC. You can find a link to compatible CPUs on the following link. Look at the "Compatible Products" Link on the left:
    Intel® 945GC Express Chipset

It appears you can only go as high as a CPU that supports a 800Mhz FSB and not the Processor that you asked about. It seems it has an unsupported core or features and even if it might fit and might work, probably would not without issues.

Thanks for your reply but manual says:

LGA 775 for Intel® Dual Core CoreTM 2 Extreme / CoreTM 2 Duo
    / Pentium® Dual Core / Celeron® D, supporting Dual Core Wolfdale
    processors
    - Compatible with all FSB1333/1066/800/533MHz CPUs
    except Quad Core (see CAUTION 1)
    - Supports Hyper-Threading Technology (see CAUTION 2)
    - Supports Untied Overclocking Technology (see CAUTION 3)
    - Supports EM64T CPU

FSB1333-CPU will operate in overclocking mode. Under this situation,
    PCIE frequency will also be overclocked to 115MHz.

I was interested in E5700 Wolfdale fsb 800.

I thought that other Wolfdale would be supported. I'm still waiting for reply from Asrock support.
    Last edited by BadSpanishTI; 05-19-2011 at 12:14 AM.

There are 2 sides to the compatibility issue.

Intel: The makers of the chipset and CPUs. As the makers of the chipset and CPU, they know what is certified to work.

AsRock/Manufacturers: While they have to follow Intel's base specs, they make boards that can be made to be a little more flexible (manual controls/overclocking) to extend the compatibility with future processors.

According to the manual, it does say "Any" LGA 775 including the Wolfdale core which answers your question about if the CPU *should* work. Since the only change that the motherboard would need to worry about in the wolfdale cores is the multiplier, you could assume the processor would work. As a note of "CAUTION 1" in the manual, the board has the ability to be set to an overclocking mode which will allow for manual control to set the board to whatever you specify.

As for support - I doubt you will get a response. The board is no longer being made/sold and may be in an End of Life phase. Being 3 generations old, it's unlikely that the manufacturers will spend time and money to invest in testing certify the hardware. While I would love to be proved wrong by a support agent response, I am betting your best reply will be from some individual or google search saying "I tried it and it worked fine".

They are not going to answer? what bad surprise.

I searched on Google for several days and there is little and contradictory information.

I wanted to be sure before buying.

Thank you very much anyway secured2k.

Thread Information