Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H67M-ITX-HT reset behavior

Default H67M-ITX-HT reset behavior

Hi all,
    I'm doing a new build with Asrock H67M-ITX/HT and saw some weird behavior when push reset.Instead of reboot I get power down. If i push very short then I get normal reset. Power switch works fine just start/stops system. I have lates BIOS 1.10 from site, which I overwritten. Can anybody confirm this? Is anything which I can do?
    If confirmed I think coud be fixed with a BIOS update.

Default Re: H67M-ITX-HT reset behavior

I would, but I'm suddenly aware that my HTPC case has no reset button - only a power button. Only thin I could think is to double check where you've connected your power and reset buttons to the motherboard.

Edit: I suppose I could connect my power switch to the pins for reset switch. I already need to get in there and get some wires off my CPU fan, so I might as well...
    Last edited by disord3r; 05-17-2011 at 10:09 PM.

My case has both power and reset switches, and I think are connected ok, since power switch do start/stop as usual, while reset only do random power off or reboot, hmm, its weird. Thanks for your try to check !

Any owner of H67-ITX mobo who can try if reset works reliable, pls?

Dear luprau,

We did the test, but we cannot see the symptom.

Please kindly refer to below link for user manual page 31 to check the power switch, reset switch and system status indicator are connected correctly.
    User manual link: http://download.asrock.com/manual/H67M-ITXHT.pdf

If the symptom still occur, please kindly contact your local dealer for assistance.

Thanks!!!!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

I have the H76M-ITX (Not the HT version) and reset works fine, if it helps at all. Check your front panel connectors just to be sure they're plugged in right, imo.

Emily,Sycobob thanks for checking.

Greetings !

I just bought H67M-ITX/HT mobo and Lian Li PCQ-11B case.
    I have similar issue with reset button. My reset button shuts down computer, no matter how I connect it on motherboard. It even shuts down computer instantly when post, unlike power button witch has fraction of a second delay. I tried everything, from unplugging everything but power switch and reset switch to turnin reset swith pins in oposite direction on motherboard. Always same thing happen - reset switch shuts down computer instantly.

I don't know what could be the problem cause I've assembled lot of computers but never came across such issue. And I'm not saying it's mobo fault, could be case, could be me. :) ASRock P67 Extreme6 in main computer work flawlessly.

Thank you in advance for all your help !

Thread Information