Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can't use Turbo UCC results in not booting

Default Can't use Turbo UCC results in not booting

Hi everyone, I just got the Asrock 880gm-le Motherboard it does support core unlocking which is the main reason why I bought it. My current CPU is a AMD Phenom II X3 740 Black Edition Heka 3.0GHz. That CPU does support cores to be unlocked, but everytime I try to unlock a core using the feature in the Asrock splash screen that says Press X to enable turbo ucc, it reboots the computer and doesn't boot. I have to clear cmos in order to get it to boot again. Anyone know what I could do to make it unlock? I am running Linux(Ubuntu) but I don't see how that would effect it since it doesn't even post after I try to unlock it.
    Edit: forgot to mention the Bios verison is 1.40. I haven't tried updating it as it is the latest version
    Last edited by Muzramp; 05-19-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Default Re: Can't use Turbo UCC results in not booting

No one?

Default Re: Can't use Turbo UCC results in not booting

In my experience with a similar board, the boot splash screen always says press X to unlock turbo ucc even when I already enabled it permanently in the BIOS.

Core unlocking only tries to allow the other cores to be used but can't determine if those cores actually work. If the CPU has bad (but disabled) cores, then you may experience the problem you are describing. Unfortunately, the only way to test this is based on a control group of hardware like having another board or another CPU that you can verify has locked cores.

Thread Information