Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Extreme 4 Memory

Default Z68 Extreme 4 Memory

Hello everyone. I just built my first computer based on the 2500k and the Z68 Extreme. I love it! Windows 7 starts fast and feels solid as a rock. I'm using approved Kingston HyperX Memory (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104237&Tpk=KHX1600C9D3X 2K2%2f4GX), and the memory is what concerns me. It only rates 5.5 on Microsoft's Performance Rating, whereas every other area is between 6 and 7 (including the integrated graphics). I tried changing the memory frequency to 1600, but the low performance score did not change. I had fun building the computer, but I don't know much about the inner workings of things. Do any of you folks know what else I could do, or what other parameters I can change, to increase this performance? Should I have picked another brand of memory?
    Thanks for your help, Gordon

Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 Memory

Hello!
    Do you see the 4 GB Dual Mode? Did you put the strips in the proper slots, if so try the other 2, also tries barrette only one after the other. Otherwise try to see the performance with a benchmark, the time Windows is hard ..
    Already tried all this if you have not already ..
    Another thing that you are under 7 32 or 64 bit?
    I get 7.8 for memory for 7-64!

Thanks Phill. I'll try to change the memory slots to the white ones instead of the blue ones. I also have four more gigs coming. what kind of memory are you using? I don't see a button for 4 gig dual mode. But I guess I'll just leave everything on automatic for now.

To get info about memory as about many things, there is one! CPU-Z is to install absolutely perhaps you will find info that'll help? Otherwise I have tried GSkill G. Skill 2x4 ​​GB 12800-C8 and Corsair Vengeance 12800 - 2x4 C8 C9 I set and 1T. And 2 are all well recognized in Auto or XMP about it I rarely had a motherboard that this rule as easily at the RAM.

Try latest beta for Z68 Extreme4

1.4A
    - Automatically detect and set memory XMP profile (if your memory supports XMP)

Thread Information