Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: p67 extreme 6 2500k clocks and vid problems

kick is offline Senior Member

Cool p67 extreme 6 2500k clocks and vid problems

auto overclocks(for my cpu)

4.6k, 99.8x46 allways works under testing.

llc is at 5 the auto offset voltage is .07.
    under full load testing core voltage goes up to approx 1.44v
    temps reach 74C

4.8k 99.8x48 standard autoclock will fail under prime95

To ensure stability under testing. either set llc to 4 or 3 maximum or set offset voltage to .110v (auto overclock offset for 4.8 is .090v)
    max cpu voltage goes up to 1.48 under load.
    Temps reach 78C

5.0ghz (only available on manual)
    max voltage under testing for me has to be allowed to reach 1.51v(1.52v is supposedly the Vne for the cpu tho i have seen others running a lot more thru it)
    I limit the max voltage by using offset voltage.
    Temps at full load reach 83C and of course fans are going full blast.

For now I have settled on 100.4 (bclk) x46 for cpu speed.
    max cpu voltage doesnt exceed 1.39v even under full load.
    Im using +.080v offset ,everything else is auto from the defaults ,except for bclk at100.4 and multiplier at 46.
    Temps under full load reach a maximum of approx 65C.
    I can leave the fans at lvl 6 for normal operation.

The gx card problem Ive seen mentioned a few times:

I would have been worried when I got my b3 board ,if things hadnt been already working fine on my b2 board as my pc didnt fire up when i did the swop.

Do things like
    1.If you have more than 1 gx card output,swop it over.
    2.After my last system stripdown I had the no display probem again.The fix was
    Turn off the pc,turn off the monitor.reboot then turn on the monitor.presto windows login screen.

It seems to be something where the output from gx card is turned off on boot after initial connection after a stripdown.
    Its not ideal but trying things with different connections/power on times seems to solve it.
    Once the system is working and u keep all the components connected ,there doesnt seem to be a problem.
    Last edited by kick; 05-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Thread Information