Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H67M-ITX Good Night LED

Default Re: H67M-ITX Good Night LED

Dear all,

By enabling Good Night LED in BIOS, the Power / HDD / LAN LED will be switched off when system is on.

Please kindly refer to below link to get the further information about Good Night LED function.
    Link: ASRock Tech Zone

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Dear Jerry28,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me.

I will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

By enabling Good Night LED in BIOS, the Power / HDD / LAN LED will be switched off when system is on.

Please kindly refer to below link to get the further information about Good Night LED function.
    Link: ASRock Tech Zone

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily
    According to your own documentation the Good Night LED functions is supposed to turn the LEDs off when the system is on *STANDBY* not all the time.

"Are you eager to enjoy an absolutely better stand-by environment than ever before? ASRock Good Night LED technology can offer you a better environment by extinguishing the unessential LED. By enabling Good Night LED in BIOS, the Power and Keyboard LED will be automatically switched off when the system is under Standby / Hibernation mode."
    ASRock, The Lead of P55!

Whether you have decided to change what this feature does since that was published, idk, but that's what I thought I was getting when I bought this motherboard. Since there was no documentation in the motherboards description, no information about it in the user manual, and those links are what show up with a Google search, that's what I'm expecting.

Besides, the feature as you describe it is completely pointless. If someone want's their LEDs to stay of permanently, all they have to do is unplug them.

I must agree. The feature is not working right on both the H67M-ITX and also the Z68 Pro3-M. As it is, simulating an unplugged cable is not a product feature.

Well after many weeks and no resolution to this problem, I'm giving up. I've bought 2 ASRock products, both had problems (H67M-ITX/HT Wifi Module Unusably Slow), neither were fixed. Customer service has been terrible. After visiting with my best friend this weekend he informed me that he had even worse issue with an ASRock motherboard destroying hard drives.

From this point forward I refuse to buy another ASRock product. They are apparently unable to provide the claimed functionality or support customers when problems arise. I will adamantly discourage anyone I know from purchasing ASRock products.

(I've never felt the need to boycott a manufacturer before, but 0/3 just isn't going to cut it.)

I know this is late but check out LEDsdriver from SlickSolutions.com as whilst I didn't need to actually use the software it allowed me to connect my power LED up to the com port, add a jumper, and I had what I wanted!
    power led that was ON when PC was on and OFF when I put it into standby. YAY

The software is very configurable and I might even set it up one day to indicate when it's recording,or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Njanda View Post
    I know this is late but check out LEDsdriver from SlickSolutions.com as whilst I didn't need to actually use the software it allowed me to connect my power LED up to the com port, add a jumper, and I had what I wanted!
    power led that was ON when PC was on and OFF when I put it into standby. YAY

The software is very configurable and I might even set it up one day to indicate when it's recording,or something similar.
    Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to offer a solution. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it, since I can't use Sleep at all anymore. Apparently, when it wakes up, everything is broken. No internet, no sound, Windows menus missing. Even after driver updates and fresh Windows installs. I've never been so upset with a purchase in my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information