Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H67M-ITX Good Night LED

Default H67M-ITX Good Night LED

The site and manual both say this mobo has a BIOS option for Good Night LED, which I was really looking forward to, especially since my HTPC case has a large, bright power LED. Unfortunately, I cannot find the option anywhere. After it's listed as a feature on page 3 of the manual it's never mentioned again, even in the UEFI documentation. Anyone have any idea what gives?

Default Re: H67M-ITX Good Night LED

Dear Sycobob,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for us, we will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

Thanks!!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Cool, it's sycobob@gmail.com

I've been contacted by support through email. I am now being informed that this motherboard does not actually have the Good Night LED functionality. The product is very clearly marketed as having the function. Can you confirm this is the case? And in regard to the newer BIOS, will it support the function?

Dear Sycobob,

H67M-ITX can support "Good Night LED" function.

I have sent the latest BIOS to you for testing.

If any problem, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Thank you for addressing this issue so quickly. Unfortunately, I'm out of town for the next two weeks, but as soon as I return home I will test the new BIOS and report back.

I finally had a chance to try out the BIOS you provided. It turns out it doesn't quite do what it should. The Good Night LED function is supposed to turn of the power LED when the system is in Standby or Sleep states. Instead, the BIOS you provided simply disables the power LED entirely. If I wanted to do that, I'd have just unplugged the LED.

Thumbs down Re: H67M-ITX Good Night LED

I have exactly the same problem with the Asrock H61M/U3S3, BIOS v1.1.0. Using in a HTPC with a bright LED that flashes while in sleep mode.
    Again, PDFs on the Asrock website claim that the motherboard has the good night LED function. This was a key point why I selected this motherboard.

How do we actually get this claimed functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by Sycobob View Post
    I finally had a chance to try out the BIOS you provided. It turns out it doesn't quite do what it should. The Good Night LED function is supposed to turn of the power LED when the system is in Standby or Sleep states. Instead, the BIOS you provided simply disables the power LED entirely. If I wanted to do that, I'd have just unplugged the LED.
    My Z68 Pro3-M behaves the exact same way with "Good Night LED" enabled, unfortunately.

Emily,

Since this BIOS did not provide the proper functionality, would you be willing to attempt to fix it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information