Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Needing help troubleshooting a A770DE+

Default Needing help troubleshooting a A770DE+

well hello

after my am2 dfi board went up in smoke i went out to replace my am2 system with a asrock a770DE+
    boots ok with a test stick of ram

if i place them in single channel mode, it will recognize the 2 sticks in dimm1/3 or dimm2/4.
    however populating dimm1/2 or dimm3/4 or all four slots it will not post/boot

ive checked ram compatability and it seems neither set is listed on asrock's site however this seems strange as it worked on my old system, and i have recently tested on 2 other ddr2 boards of other manufacturer's and it was just fine

so im a little stumped as to what could be the problem besides having picky ram vendors list or could it be something else?

ram sets are
    gskill 2x1 gig f2-5300phu2-2gbnt
    adata 2x4 gig ddr2 800 (do not have product#, cannot find it, can take pic if needed)

cpu
    amdx5200+
    Last edited by Koba; 05-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Default Re: Needing help troubleshooting a A770DE+

1st thing that jumps out of my head is are you mixing the ram? slot 1-2 should be from same mfg. same for 3-4. 2nd thing is the memory timing is probably off, the g.skill in mine is 5-5-5-15. the adata is probably not the same. 3rd thing is memory voltage, both mfg. may not use the same. auto on the voltage may not work best.

Thread Information