Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Extreme 4 - Can't load RAID configuration utility

Default Z68 Extreme 4 - Can't load RAID configuration utility

I'm trying to set up my two HDs in a RAID, but I can't get the UEFI to go into the RAID configuration utility. The instructions I've read seem to indicate that after connecting the drives to the proper SATA ports (SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 in my case), you need to set the SATA Mode to RAID. After saving and rebooting, it looks like I'm supposed to see a prompt to hit Ctrl-I to enter the RAID configuration utility. I never see this prompt, and hitting Ctrl-I during startup does nothing.

I've updated the UEFI to the latest version (1.4), and even tried going down to 1.3, but nothing is working. Am I doing something wrong, or is this motherboard simply not giving me the option to configure a RAID array?

Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 - Can't load RAID configuration utility

there might an option within the bios to display or hide the 'press ctrl+i' selection. look in the manual for that option.

Default Re: Z68 Extreme 4 - Can't load RAID configuration utility

Note: you have to be quick!

Just after the bios splash screen comes up, the RAID screen comes up, press "CTRL+I" to enter the raid config utility.

Prior to this though, read the following, and I am assuming that you are install Windows 7, this is in the motherboard manual para 2.3.4

2.3.4 Installing Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM
    64-bit With RAID Functions
    If you want to install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit
    on your SATA / SATAII / SATA3 HDDs with RAID functions, please
    follow below steps.
    STEP 1: Set up BIOS.
    A. Enter BIOS SETUP UTILITY Advanced screen Storage
    Configuration.
    B. Set “SATA Operation Mode” to [RAID].
    STEP 2: Use “RAID Installation Guide” to set RAID
    configuration.
    Before you start to configure the RAID function, you need to
    check the installation guide in the Support CD for proper
    configuration. Please refer to the document in the Support CD,
    “Guide to SATA Hard Disks Installation and RAID Configuration”,
    which is located in the folder at the following path:
    .. \ RAID Installation Guide
    STEP 3: Install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit
    OS on your system.
    After the installation of Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit OS, if you want to
    manage RAID functions, you are allowed to use both “RAID Installation Guide” and “Intel
    Rapid Storage Information” for RAID configuration. Please refer to the document in the
    Support CD, “Guide to SATA Hard Disks Installation and RAID Configuration”, which is
    located in the folder at the following path: .. \ RAID Installation Guide and the document
    in the support CD, “Guide to Intel Rapid Storage”, which is located in the folder at the
    following path: .. \ Intel Rapid Storage Information

As a matter of fact, read the whole manual prior to setup, you will be surprised at what you might learn. As the old saying goes "RTWFM"
    Last edited by rgsaunders; 06-08-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, i7-2600K, DH-14, G Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXLD, HD6970, HX-750, 3X 2TB Hitachi SATA3, Corsair F60, etc

Thread Information