Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67 Extreme 4 can all 8 sata ports be used without raid? Does Hot Swap work?

Default P67 Extreme 4 can all 8 sata ports be used without raid? Does Hot Swap work?

The last board I had 4 of the sata ports only worked with RAID so I wanted to make sure this was not the case as I dont want to use raid. Also if anyone has any experience using hot swap of hard drives on this board I would very much like to know if it works well. Thanks

Default Re: P67 Extreme 4 can all 8 sata ports be used without raid? Does Hot Swap work?

based on the specs of that mobo, it's only got 4 sata3 ports and they're all hot swap capable. you can't hot swap raid 0 because if one or more drives are taken out of the array, the entire raid is gone. you can hot swap other raid setups such as raid 5.

Default Re: P67 Extreme 4 can all 8 sata ports be used without raid? Does Hot Swap work?

Ok i meant HOT PLUG, the motherboard manual says that all 8 are Hot Plug capable. I wanted to know if it actually works. Just because the manual says its capable does not mean it will actually work well which is why I wanted some feedback. Whats really more important to me is if all the sata ports can be used without Raid.

Thread Information