Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help setting up 4.1 or 5.1 surround sound!

Default Help setting up 4.1 or 5.1 surround sound!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum (although I participate in many other PC/Electronic forums), and was hoping to get some help in an area i've never dealt with.

My Grandfather-in-law had me build him a PC and I chose the ASRock 870 Extreme3 mobo. It's been a few months and he's decided that he wants to use surround sound, he's not sure if he has the center speaker, so probably focus on help with 4.1 setup's.

My question is, how do I setup surround sound on the PC with this motherboard? I'm hoping it's literally just plug and play (into the appropriate jacks of course), but if it's not, can anyone give me guidance or a great resource on what to do? The motherboard manual literally had only 1/5 of a page to describe it, which was this(which I do not understand, deciphering it would be greatly appreciated ):

"To enable Multi-Streaming function, you need to connect a front panel audio cable to the front panel audio header. After restarting your computer, you will find "mixer" tool on your system. Please select "Mixer Toolbox", click "Enable playback multi-streaming", and click "ok". Choose "2CH", "4CH", "6CH", or "8CH" and then you are allowed to select "Realtek HDA Primary output" to use Rear Speaker, Central/Bass, and Front Speaker, or select "Realtek HDA Audio 2nd output to use front panel audio."

I just want to say thanks in advance to anyone that's able/willing to help me out!

Default Re: Help setting up 4.1 or 5.1 surround sound!

your grandfather-in-law must be some kind of badazz big dog rockin this kind of supreme setup at the old folks home!!! i can understand why 5.1 deep surround sound is needed with years and years of hearing loss.

anyway, what kind of pc speaker setup does he have? no need for a separate sound card. with the appropriate speakers, plug in the color-coded ports on the back of the pc, install the realtek software and set your preferences (2.1, 5.1, etc).

gramps'll be jammin in no time!!!

Thread Information