Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock ION 3D 152D how to install RAM

Default ASRock ION 3D 152D how to install RAM

Hi,

I have brought and installed RAM in many different types of PCs over the years so I'm not a "newbie" at this. But, trying to install RAM into the ASRock ION 3D 152D mini-PC has me totally stumped at the moment. The RAM slots on the motherboard doesn't have the normal plastic clips that you see in most motherboards or even the clips that you see in laptops (where you install the chip at an angle and then push the RAM chip flat). Instead it has these metal clips where both sides at the bottom of the clip have these small metal "pegs" (for a better word) which have to be placed into the holes at the bottom of the RAM (I'm guessing at an angle). Then somehow, if you were successful at doing this, you have to push the RAM chip vertical and then push it in the slot.

I haven't been able to do any of this .

Any advice?

Default Re: ASRock ION 3D 152D how to install RAM

HiI've have the same problem... Im not able to update the mini pc Asrock Ion 3d with another ram module due to the problem with the slot.Anybody can help us?

Pictures would be appreciated....the only one I can find online is non to helpful for identifying the slot.

Dear all,

ION 3D support DDR2 800MHz, 2 x SO-DIMM slots, Max. up to 4GB.
    Please kindly refer to below link for AVL to choose your memory.
    Link: http://www.asrock.com/nettop/avl/ION%203D%20Series.pdf

If you have the problem about installing the memory module, please kindly provide your e-mail for us.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Hi Emily at ASRock TSD,

Would it possible for you to upload the instructions on how to install the RAM modules to this post? Or is there something that stops you from doing so? It would be beneficial for everyone who buys this model in the future and has the same issue.

Thanks.

+1 for this request!
    I can't work this out... I feel like I'm going to break something if I keep trying to get this in.

Did anyone have any success??

Actually, I've just worked this out. After trawling through random RAM slot manufacturer spec PDFs, i found this:

Quote Originally Posted by crzydude View Post
    Hi Emily at ASRock TSD,

Would it possible for you to upload the instructions on how to install the RAM modules to this post? Or is there something that stops you from doing so? It would be beneficial for everyone who buys this model in the future and has the same issue.

Thanks.
    +1 for this request.

sulvo: could you please explain us, in more details, how you do this install and removal procedure?
    Last edited by joh; 10-08-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joh View Post
    +1 for this request.

sulvo: could you please explain us, in more details, how you do this install and removal procedure?
    Hi,

This was a pain in the ass... This small computer makes it hard to get the fingers around.

This is what i did.

1. You have little space, but you have to put the SO-Dimm ram from the side the slot facing the cabinet. (the hardshell).
    You need to have the ram touching (or almost talking about maybe 1cm) the shiny/metallic wall of the cabinet and press it into the slot, while holding it in appox 30 degrees. You will then feel it goes in.
    The first time I did it from the other side, facing the other ram chip and that doesen't work!

2. Then you have to raise it up straight while pressing both metal clips to the sides (as normal plastic clips). This should be done by two person; one raising the ram and one holding both clips to the sides while this is done.
    I did it alone by jerking it step by step, while pressing/raising the ram with one hand, and the other hand pressing the fu##ing sharp clips one after the other. It didn't feel nice and I thought the ram or the ram slot itself would break.
    But it clicked in:)

All is working and I have 4gb ram now.

Br,
    Bernt
    Attached Images Attached Images ASRock ION 3D 152D how to install RAM-20120619-p1030116-jpg 
    Last edited by bonilsen; 06-20-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Thread Information