Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock z68 extreme4 hot plug / HD Audio Question

Default ASRock z68 extreme4 hot plug / HD Audio Question

Hi. I have my extreme4 setup with two harddrives on the intel controller (set to RAID): one is the SSD for ssd caching, the other is a WD 1TB drive. I have my front panel's eSATA connected to one of the SATA2 ports I believe, and I'm trying to get hot plugging to work, but I can't seem to find the option anywhere. While googling, I stumbled onto a pdf that claims the motherboard supports that feature. Anyone know how to get it working?

Also, I have the HD Audio connected to my case's front panel (NZXT Phantom). I get some interference noise while idle, and it gets much worse while I'm gaming (Sapphire 6950HD). Is this a problem with the HD audio port, or is it more likely that it's the case's front panel connector?
    Edit: Some googling came up with posts where people are claiming the audio issue is the case itself
    Edit2: Alright, tried hot plugging again today and it suddenly works :S guess this thread is useless now.
    Last edited by khara; 06-08-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Thread Information